With 3 weeks to go before camp what do we have? | Syracusefan.com

With 3 weeks to go before camp what do we have?

orangeintheacc

Walk On
Defensively, I think it mostly comes down to the db's. Coach Schafer is a very aggressive guy that loves to attack and pressure the qb. Donnie Henderson is also aggressive and loves to come after people. To effectively play this way your db's have to be able to play some man to man coverage so it comes down to Anderson, Eskridge, Thomas and Reddish or Lynn. The LB's should be pretty good and we have some beef in the middle that won't give up the line of scrimmage. The ends will be good with the holder overs and the new guys coming in. IMO, the defense will be much improved and create a lot of turnovers.

The offense is mostly up to the o-line. The starters as a group are solid, but with 3 of them coming off significant injuries (assuming Trudo is one), depth is a question. I think we have talent as backups, but they are mostly young and inexperienced...it's possible one or two freshmen will have to play. If Nassib is given 4-5 seconds to throw as opposed to the 3-4 seconds he's been getting, he will be able to throw down field more consistently. The rest of the offense will be strong with Sales, Kobena and Lemon at receiver and Smith, PTG and Broyld as solid running backs.
I see us at 3-1 in OOC and 5-3 in the BE.

People say it is up to the O-line. If Pugh is healthy, we have 3 veterans plus a solid blocking TE in Wales -- so 4 returners out of that front 6. Lots of candidates, with size, for the two open slots on the right side. Bigger question is whether the younger guys at WR and RB (or Thompson at TE) can add some big-play potential that we haven't had in while. Can the OC add some new juice to the offense?

On defense, the LBs were a weak point last season. How much tougher are guys like Lynch & Davis in season 2? Is Spruill healthy and better at MLB?

Then, major key: where does the pass rush come from? Can the Calif JUCOs contribute right away?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom