With a headline like this; "Ohio State comes to the rescue" | Syracusefan.com

With a headline like this; "Ohio State comes to the rescue"

I'm still a Hanlon's razor guy - never attribute to malice what can easily be attributed to incompetence.

The officiating in college sucked moose balls all year. The NCAA needs to do something about it. At this point I hope that the national championship game is a highly anticipated matchup that turns into an officiating shitshow, because I'm not sure the NCAA will address officiating until something that catastrophic happens.

I've said this in another thread that I started, and I'll say it again... The NCAA absolutely did not want us in the Final 4, hanging a dark cloud over New Orleans. They didn't want headlines like this tied to the final four weekend, and it's unfair to our players. In 25 years of being an obsessed sports fan, I have NEVER ONCE complained about officiating, and always got down right PO'd when some one would call a fix. But the way this game was called was as close to one as I've ever seen...

With that said, we still had a chance to win that game, but we just didn't protect the ball and hit shots at the end. Ohio State did. They still deserve some credit...

I agree that the NCAA didn't want us in the Final Four and also believe that the media did not want us there either. It seemed to me that any time a bad call went in our favor, the media would not let it go and they would ignore several bad calls that did not go our way that preceded the one bad call. How many times did we hear about the goal tending call in the WV game?

I've said this in another thread that I started, and I'll say it again... The NCAA absolutely did not want us in the Final 4, hanging a dark cloud over New Orleans. They didn't want headlines like this tied to the final four weekend, and it's unfair to our players. In 25 years of being an obsessed sports fan, I have NEVER ONCE complained about officiating, and always got down right PO'd when some one would call a fix. But the way this game was called was as close to one as I've ever seen...

With that said, we still had a chance to win that game, but we just didn't protect the ball and hit shots at the end. Ohio State did. They still deserve some credit...

How many ing times was Verne Lundquist going to recite the list of crimes ??? Jeez, I'm trying to watch a basketball game people. Do I have to hear this 3 or 4 times every game ???

That is sickening. Im trying really hard to not let the thought that the officiating issues were something more.

I'll throw another log onto the fire of the conspiracy theory. Ask yourself who is the most powerful administrator (by a country mile) in the land of the corrupt NCAA. I'll give you a hint. His name is Jim Delany. Which school is he affiliated with? I'll give you another hint. THE Ohio State University.

It would please me greatly if UK wins the championship, then summer it came out that Fine was just accused by a spurned ex-lover...and an investigation uncovers payments to recruits like A Davis at UK. Partly because I love stories with an O Henry/Phillip Dick ending, mostly because this idiot needs to have his simplistic world view beaten out of him.

Five year olds believe in white hats and black hats...adults know that every single person has a hat of each color in their closet and pick which one to wear based on the circumstance. Some people might go to the black hat a little more often, but I think in college hoops the old fashion adage still holds - nobody wears white after Labor Day or before Memorial Day.

OK the NCAA doesn't want bad press, but would risk involving people to fix a game, that would generate 100x the bad press Syracuse could ever get??? That is a stretch

That team was good enough to beat Ohio State and didn't. No conspiracy. All that can be done is to take it, learn from it, and make it better.

Only in the world of Internet sports writing would someone think that Ohio State getting to a Final four is the sign of some victory for the forces of righteousness.

Things cleaner than Ohio State athletics include the AFL/CIO and the government of Mexico.

What a tool for writing that load of crap. Somebody said a couple of weeks ago that the NCAA's dream matchup in the final was Kentucky v UNC. Looks like that is set up nicely.

While I don't like his article, you can hardly disagree with the premise...that the NCAA, given its choice, probably did not really want SU in the Final Four where it would have to hear repeated discussion of the Fine Mess, Melo suspension, Drug Policies ignored and potential APR failures. And I clearly don't agree with the White Knight slaying the Evil Empire tone of this article.

This hack is the same moron who had a similar article yesterday, attacking Syracuse. There's nothing like an agenda-driven whiner evangelizing while intentionally only providing half of the facts.

him.

What a hatchet job. Sickening that this imbecile has a forum.

This hack is the same moron who had a similar article yesterday, attacking Syracuse. There's nothing like an agenda-driven whiner evangelizing while intentionally only providing half of the facts.

**** him.

What a hatchet job. Sickening that this imbecile has a forum.
Jury's still out on Fine, but the allegations are not exactly what he wrote in that article.

I didnt see anyone crying foul when the buckeyes got to send their star qb and all their star players to that bcs bowl game last year when they should have got the death penalty,...where were those ing articles? Funny how the NCAA and media work to their own advantage

Let's see now who was Ohio State's Last Football Coach, Their QB HMMM saying Ohio State comes to the rescue of SU is like saying Hitler comes to the rescue of Poland. More fouls called in this than the 6 OT UCONN Game :bat: When are Referee's going to have mandatory Press Conference's

Total hatchet job by a holier than thou "journalist" with a personal axe to grind. He ignores all the facts as known in the Fine mess and just wants to smear JB. It's s ad how bad most so-called journalism is these days.