With Duke, UNC, NCSU, ND, Pitt, Villanova on the home schedule next year | Syracusefan.com

With Duke, UNC, NCSU, ND, Pitt, Villanova on the home schedule next year

Alsacs

Living Legend
I hope we play our B1G/ACC game on the road so we can balance out our home schedule for each year, as obviously one of UNC/Duke will likely be on the 2014-2015 schedule with St. John's.

Also, I hope the ACC will switch Pitt with Louisville as a permanent home/home opponent since I think(disclaimer this is my opinion I don't know UVA's thoughts for sure) Virginia would probably prefer playing ACC rival Georgia Tech home/home than Louisville each season and the ACC switches ND-Ga Tech to ND-Pitt and to accommodate all these change to teams home/home protected rivals.

Also, if we don't average at least 25,000 fans per game next year I'll disappointed.
If UNC and Duke are on the weekend/MLK Big Monday both of them will be 30k plus, NC State, Notre Dame, Pitt should be good games, and even Miami, Villanova, Boston College will all be familiar names/games for the CNY community.

Also, if we don't average at least 25,000 fans per game next year I'll disappointed.

What hurts getting there is all the Wednesday games vs Colgate. We only get 15k at best for those now.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Nova fans are saying series is 1-1-1:

Cuse '14
Philly '15
MSG '16

Nova fans are saying series is 1-1-1:

Cuse '14
Philly '15
MSG '16
Home run by Dr. Gross, that 2016 game at MSG helps if St. John's wants to take a 1 year break. I bet 2015 we are in the Jimmy V Classic to get MSG 3 years in a row.

im guessing with the minefield of a schedule staring us down next year the cupcakes wont be a downer to grease the wheels through the early season

im guessing with the minefield of a schedule staring us down next year the cupcakes wont be a downer to grease the wheels through the early season

What minefield? I suppose the non-con may be a little tougher than recent years, but conference play isn't going to be tougher than we've been used to.

speaking to the non- con - unless we get only nova and st johns outside of maui- i would presume there will be more than that. Also remember we will have a lot of new faces playing together- its a minefield for a young team. I also think too many underestimate the acc squads.

Looking at our schedule as a whole, the Pomeroy SOS was 13th last year. It's not going to get much tougher than that. There were 10 teams in the top 65 last year (obviously we were one of them) The ACC had 6 last year, so if you give them Pitt and ND, that would be 8, as opposed to 9 from the BE (not including us). And of course that is the top 65; the ACC had 2 top 25 teams last year, BE had 6

The conference schedule will be tough, no question, but at leats until Lville gets to the league I don't see it being much better, if at all, than the league schedules we've been used to

does the acc's lack of familiarity with our zone matter more or does our lack of familiarity with acc play and a young team play bigger? I think that will be key. then again having a heady pg like ennis regardless of him being a frosh helps qualm a lot of concerns or at least provide a lot of optimism.

Brace yourself. (sigh)

To average 25,000, the athletic department would have to engage in number-fudging and ticket giveaways that would make the DePaul Senior Day game and the last dozen football seasons seem tame by comparison.

Outside of Duke, Carolina, and the three other teams that left the Big East, none of those opponents is going to be a Dome draw. And no one's drawing 30,000 on a weekday night.

Home run by Dr. Gross, that 2016 game at MSG helps if St. John's wants to take a 1 year break. I bet 2015 we are in the Jimmy V Classic to get MSG 3 years in a row.

i see what you did there and i like it

The Cuse may take back the lead in college hoops attendance with this schedule. Can't believe the Orange averaged 29k in the 89-90 season.

If UNC and Duke are on the weekend/MLK Big Monday both of them will be 30k plus, NC State, Notre Dame, Pitt should be good games, and even Miami, Villanova, Boston College will all be familiar names/games for the CNY community.
ACC has Big Monday for sure, right?

Bump looks confirmed as a 1-1-1.

Great news for our NYC strategy.

http://sujuiceonline.com/2013/05/05...racuse-will-schedule-villanova-in-basketball/
Best part of that article is this.
The following year 2014-15, the Orange is slated to take part in the early-season 2K Sports Classic guaranteeing two games at Madison Square Garden, plus the road game against Villanova hitting Philadelphia.

We will play in MSG 3 years in a row, and still play in Philadelphia in 2014. I wouldn't be surprised in 2014-2015 we play Georgetown at home and 2016 @Georgetown. Since we will be playing in the 2K Sports Classic in MSG and won't need St. John's that year.

Also of note...the MSG game will be a doubleheader. I wonder who will open for us? I'm thinking Benny Mardones.

I'm beyond pumped for the upcoming year. Usually we play one or two "different schools" during the OOC schedule that I get excited with. Even if they aren't powerhouses, playing teams like SDSU, NC State, etc. always excited me and stood out on the schedule. Since this is the first year with our new mates, it feels like an entire season filled with those type of games.

I'm guessing others will feel similarly and the attendance will see a pretty solid bump.

another good nugget in there is that Syracuse is eying the battle for atlantic tournament for 2015-2016

Andy Katz reported that here.

To average 25,000, the athletic department would have to engage in number-fudging and ticket giveaways that would make the DePaul Senior Day game and the last dozen football seasons seem tame by comparison.

Outside of Duke, Carolina, and the three other teams that left the Big East, none of those opponents is going to be a Dome draw. And no one's drawing 30,000 on a weekday night.
Have him contact Lee Reed for more information.

What hurts getting there is all the Wednesday games vs Colgate. We only get 15k at best for those now.

Sent using my Commodore 64

This is where the parking factors in. The core fan base is aging, just like the community.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom