With Duke, UNC, NCSU, ND, Pitt, Villanova on the home schedule next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

With Duke, UNC, NCSU, ND, Pitt, Villanova on the home schedule next year

This is where the parking factors in. The core fan base is aging, just like the community.
What? Is that true? I mean, I know that I'm aging, but I'm sure I'm the only one. Are you positive there aren't fresh fans cycling in? I know! If each of us aging fans bring in one young fan, we can tip the balance towards youth and vigor. I have done my part by bringing my daughter to every basketball game. When I kick the bucket, she can bring in a younger fan to take my place.

Only problem is: I'm not going to kick the bucket.

another good nugget in there is that Syracuse is eying the battle for atlantic tournament for 2015-2016

Juli must want to work on her tan.

BTW, Love this. Much easier to get there than Hawaii for a quick 4-5 weekend.

What? Is that true? I mean, I know that I'm aging, but I'm sure I'm the only one. Are you positive there aren't fresh fans cycling in? I know! If each of us aging fans bring in one young fan, we can tip the balance towards youth and vigor. I have done my part by bringing my daughter to every basketball game. When I kick the bucket, she can bring in a younger fan to take my place.

Only problem is: I'm not going to kick the bucket.

I'm very involved in the local chamber of commerce and have been working with start-up businesses and trying to get young talent to remain in town ever since I moved back. It's a major issue. Young people leave CNY to look for better employment prospects. The only jobs in town where there is growth is health care and education. Oh, and government jobs. That's not the ticket to a healthy future.

I'm very involved in the local chamber of commerce and have been working with start-up businesses and trying to get young talent to remain in town ever since I moved back. It's a major issue. Young people leave CNY to look for better employment prospects. The only jobs in town where there is growth is health care and education. Oh, and government jobs. That's not the ticket to a healthy future.
My son is looking to come back. But he is in health care. Still, he is young!

I wish you luck with your project. Glad you are fighting the good fight.

My son is looking to come back. But he is in health care. Still, he is young!

I wish you luck with your project. Glad you are fighting the good fight.

Thanks, Beadle. I've helped some of the more promising start-ups to have come out of Syracuse in the last few years. I raised the seed round of investment in Brand-Yourself.com, an online reputation management company. I represented Syracutie, a clothing co. launched out of SU that got some notoriety for the university trying to shut down the business. I've launched a crafting by subscription business called "Craftistas" that is getting some good press and interest from investors in NYC. I've worked with a number of renewable energy startups, one of which operates a biomass digester down in Cayuga County. So there have been some successes, but no new companies that are going to employ more than 10-20 people in the near future.

I know someone with pretty marketable skills and an advanced degree who's looking to stay in Syracuse - any leads?

Young people leave CNY to look for better employment prospects.
It's definitely a generational thing. Kids are more impatient these days. Not willing to start at the bottom and work their way up. Most jobs in CNY (and all of upstate NY) aren't going to pay a lot of money, but the cost of living is dirt cheap. After that, weight the positives and negatives: taxes, weather, recreational opportunities. I think jobs for new college grads are tough everywhere but the smaller the market generally means less opportunities. Kids don't want to hear that they have to create their own opportunites. OK, enough of my rant because I could speak for hours on this subject.

Best part of that article is this.
The following year 2014-15, the Orange is slated to take part in the early-season 2K Sports Classic guaranteeing two games at Madison Square Garden, plus the road game against Villanova hitting Philadelphia.

We will play in MSG 3 years in a row, and still play in Philadelphia in 2014. I wouldn't be surprised in 2014-2015 we play Georgetown at home and 2016 @Georgetown. Since we will be playing in the 2K Sports Classic in MSG and won't need St. John's that year.
I could see a Big East team being in this ... UConn? would that be a possibility? do they have any commitments that year?

I know someone with pretty marketable skills and an advanced degree who's looking to stay in Syracuse - any leads?

Send me a message and tell me about this person. Maybe I can offer a lead or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom