With HB2 keeping ACC events out of NC is a Barclay's/Brooklyn & Verizon Center/DC split most likely? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

With HB2 keeping ACC events out of NC is a Barclay's/Brooklyn & Verizon Center/DC split most likely?

FWIW, HB2 is probably going to be gone by the summer. The ACC hasn't removed the ACC Tournaments that were scheduled for NC in 2019 and 2020. Probably will if HB2 stays, but the likelihood that Hb2 still exists by the end of the year is less than 10%. When its gone, Charlotte will be the ideal location for the tournament.

True, where the Hawks play or the new football palace? Like those 3 different geographical options. As an aside, it will be interesting to see if the Big East attendance is affected over at MSG. The better hoops will be played in Brooklyn by far and not sure if there are enough casual hoops fans in a pro city to fill both venues.

The last time the acct was in Atlanta they played in the Georgia Dome, that is no longer an option, so they could play it there, possibly they new Falcons stadium.

Is Tampa/St. Pete in the rotation? I admit I haven't followed this very closely.
It was in Tampa once. I don't think anyone, even FSU or Miami, was happy with it being there. I think Orlando is a long shot. Tampa isn't happening.

FWIW, HB2 is probably going to be gone by the summer. The ACC hasn't removed the ACC Tournaments that were scheduled for NC in 2019 and 2020. Probably will if HB2 stays, but the likelihood that Hb2 still exists by the end of the year is less than 10%. When its gone, Charlotte will be the ideal location for the tournament.
I don't know what you're basing this on. I live in Raleigh and I'm extremely pessimistic about the prospects for getting rid of HB 2. GOP legislators represent rural districts and just don't care about the consequences the cities are suffering. In fact they seem to be happy about it.

what? the Ratt/Poison twin bill reunion tour??

saw the original at the RPI Fieldhouse, its basically a glorified HS gym. that place got everything before the Knick was built. Iron Maiden, Rush, Judas Priest, Ozzy...hell, I think I saw the Ozzy tour where Metallica opened up during the Master of Puppets era...yep Cliff Burton bitches!!

boy, was RATT was pretty big for a while.

any way, like many have said, the ACC needs to get to the Garden or its better off in DC.

but since we are all throwing hats into the ring (o79, great line but I think the Dome would be the wool cap :cool:) I say lets play at the Rock in Newark. you got Amtrak, the Path, the airport is an easy commute, cars can drive. total no brainer.

and the arena blows Barclays out of the water.

Dino next door = home game

Greenville has the NCAA Tournament this year so it will be cool to see how they handle it.

The city is set up for an incredible atmosphere with about 10-15 hotels downtown (20-30 more hotels about 5 minutes away) and over 200 restaurants with tons of shopping and a big park in the middle of the city all within walking distance of Bon Secour Arena.

The city is also growing at a rapid pace. Three new hotels going up downtown (one next to my building) and the expansion of The West End District towards the baseball stadium with new apartment buildings, restaurants, hotels and shopping.

However, the arena is probably too small to be a viable rotational option.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to being in Brooklyn this week/weekend. I wouldn't mind if the tournament did a North/South/Central rotation. North could even include Boston for all I care. Central should include DC or even North Carolina. South should be Miami.

My only issue is for travelers who have their team lose early. If we lose tomorrow, I am in NYC and without Cuse games for 3.5 days. That is fine because I haven't been back to NYC since the 2013 BET (I am good luck - I just need to figure out a way to house the Biden head in the Hotel Pennsylvania), and I have plenty to do. For someone else who doesn't care to spend time in NYC sans Cuse, that could be difficult. It isn't exactly the best time of the year to travel to NYC or DC. That is why I wouldn't mind the Carolinas/Miami getting into the rotation. Wouldn't be a nightmare to spend conference tourney mornings playing golf every other year with the Sweet Tea People.

I disagree with virtually everything you said (Miami's a horrible hoops site, D.C.'s usually very nice this week though it's weak for basketball, and New York's great), but you earn a like because it's nice to know that someone other than hookers is helping keep the Hotel Pennsylvania in business.

Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, SC seats 15,900. Great facility. NCAAs are there this year.