With Melo potentially throwing in the towel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

With Melo potentially throwing in the towel

Melo is going to waste his prime years with that organization.

My guess is Stat is going to go for more than the Knicks want to pay him. He can still score but he's just an atrocious defensive player.

Even if Stat was willing to sign for $8M, I wouldn't want him back. Too injury prone and past his prime. If I had to point to one player that has dragged the Knicks down the last few seasons, it's Stat, without question. He got one of the most ridiculous contracts ever, for what he was/is, and he has really struggled to stay healthy. The Knicks could have signed better talent for the money they've spent on Stat. I mean, the dude is making more than Melo. Seriously.

Porzingis is nothing like Gallo was before he hurt his back in his rookie year. Gallinari was shooting 50% from three and 46% overall. He would have been a star. Defensively, they are polar opposites. Gallo was a very good man to man defender but was lacking on help defense. Nothing alike. Mudiay is way, way over-hyped. He is going to get a GM fired. Comparisons to John Wall are beyond ridiculous. Okafor, Towns, Johnson, or the center for Texas will be the likely choices. WCS from Kentucky is moving up in a lot of folks eyes but I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion. Appears to have a high floor but a lower ceiling than many of the big guys.

I noted their difference defensively. Offensively, they are both huge (6'10"+) players with uncanny ability to take people off the dribble or stroke from long-range. Thanks for your attempt to drop knowledge, though.

You're also completely wrong about Mudiay, IMO. The comparisons to Wall are right on.

NBAdraft.net has the Knicks at #2 taking Emmanuel Mudiay. I think he's the kid who turned down a scholly at SMU to play in China.

He didn't turn it down there were questions on if he still had amateur eligibility or not.

I noted their difference defensively. Offensively, they are both huge (6'10"+) players with uncanny ability to take people off the dribble or stroke from long-range. Thanks for your attempt to drop knowledge, though.

You're also completely wrong about Mudiay, IMO. The comparisons to Wall are right on.

To compare Gallinari to Porzingis shows that you could use a little knowledge dropped on you. Gallo was a PG/SG and grew out of the position to SF, not PF. He had/has a great handle and very good all-around offensive game. I suggest you go back and watch some of his clips from Euro ball. There is nearly zero to compare. Porzingis is a PF with athleticism and a nice jumper. He plays more like than Gallinari.
You can get back to me after Mudiay plays a few years. He clearly lacks Walls explosiveness and athleticism. They both lack a good jumper, though...so there's that.

Last edited:
To compare Gallinari to Porzingis shows that you could use a little knowledge dropped on you. Gallo was a PG/SG and grew out of the position to SF, not PF. He had/has a great handle and very good all-around offensive game. I suggest you go back and watch some of his clips from Euro ball. There is nearly zero to compare. Porzingis is a PF with athleticism and a nice jumper. He plays more like than Gallinari.
You can get back to me after Mudiay plays a few years. He clearly lacks Walls explosiveness and athleticism. They both lack a good jumper, though...so there's that.

Did I ever say their games are exactly alike? You're throwing out arbitrary BS about the different positions they play. This is completely irrelevant.

There is zero to compare? I offered their size and shooting ability/ability to put it on the floor. The comparison ends there.

We can agree that Mudiay is not the transcendent athlete Wall is.

Forgive me if this is already common knowledge… but Amare Stoudemire is the 2nd highest paid player in the NBA after Kobe. How surreal is that?

Lebron is 7th, and Durant is 11th.

Forgive me if this is already common knowledge… but Amare Stoudemire is the 2nd highest paid player in the NBA after Kobe. How surreal is that?

Lebron is 7th, and Durant is 11th.

Man, he's got Joe Johnson by about $200,000 this year.

on this season, it raises the distinct, albeit heretofore shocking, possibility that the Knicks will finish with the worst record and maybe win the draft lottery.

Who would be the best person to pair him with? Most of the top players are big guys, but I can't imagine Okafor or Towns would be optimal solutions.

I think both would be Optimal. They are both 4/5's and free Melo to play the 3.

2015 is a great free agency class. And they'll have some money to burn.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom