With respect to our defense | Syracusefan.com

With respect to our defense

CaliCuse

All American
I believe it will be more than merely good. Our front seven including the linebackers of course are going to be formidable. I'm not really seeing a glaring weakness anywhere. Is there a position that worries anyone on the D? I'd be curios to read about that.:noidea:

The weakness I'm concerned with is the same one we had last year, a pass rush with only the down lineman. Last year we were great at putting teams in 3rd and long but gave up far too many long yardage conversions because we couldn't generate a pass rush without blitzing. We either dropped a bunch of guys back into coverage and watched their QB wait for someone to find a hole in the zone or brought the house and left our secondary guys on islands. Until I see something different, I'm afraid we may get the same thing this year.

The weakness I'm concerned with is the same one we had last year, a pass rush with only the down lineman. Last year we were great at putting teams in 3rd and long but gave up far too many long yardage conversions because we couldn't generate a pass rush without blitzing. We either dropped a bunch of guys back into coverage and watched their QB wait for someone to find a hole in the zone or brought the house and left our secondary guys on islands. Until I see something different, I'm afraid we may get the same thing this year.
I agree that issue must be addressedOur front four must be more effective in getting in the backfield for quarterback meat. I believe a couple of the new kids can help there . Marona and maybe Williams. Williams may be a fortress against the run but there is also Isiah who might be effective from the corner. Marona is more of a sure thing doing that but we have enough options.

I believe it will be more than merely good. Our front seven including the linebackers of course are going to be formidable. I'm not really seeing a glaring weakness anywhere. Is there a position that worries anyone on the D? I'd be curios to read about that.:noidea:

I would have been a lot more confident if we still had MPB and Walls. That really really hurts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom