With this NIT bracket the NCAA clearly got off trolling on JB | Syracusefan.com

With this NIT bracket the NCAA clearly got off trolling on JB

Alsacs

Living Legend
We all love JB but its clear his brash don't give an F attitude does turn people off. He is kinda like Bill Laimbeer. Pistons fans loved the guy but everyone else hated the guy. He isn't going to mellow out which is fine but I am not going to miss the drama.

I think you're reading too much into it. Is it a fun story? Yes. Did they match them up to troll Boeheim? No.

It wouldnt suprise me if NCAA comittee left them out of tournament just so NIT could make this match up. There is a conspiracy here. Smells fishy

I posted about this two hours earlier. That rant post-Miami was a BAD look. I hated it at the time. Greensboro is one thing but begging/pleading to the committee and comparing this year to last year is just dumb. Let's say 3/4 of the Committee members were pissed about his comments and that presser. That's all it takes! Pure speculation I know but I wouldn't be surprised. Just keep your mouth shut!

Last edited:
C6wknzJWkAAbGTL.jpg

It wouldnt suprise me if NCAA comittee left them out of tournament just so NIT could make this match up. There is a conspiracy here. Smells fishy
It's only a conspiracy because JB, in his own words, "doesn't give a sh-it." So why should the NCAA?

I don't think we were left out because of that but I can see a 1% chance of it being because of his comments after Miami. It's getting old.

We all love JB but its clear his brash don't give an F attitude does turn people off. He is kinda like Bill Laimbeer. Pistons fans loved the guy but everyone else hated the guy. He isn't going to mellow out which is fine but I am not going to miss the drama.

The only thing clear from my perspective is that you don't like JB and for some reason you think it's cute to come up with a new reason daily why other people should agree with you.

What are you talking about, you won't miss the drama? LMAO we know that's not true. You dislike him because you are emotional. That's Drama!

You are judging a basketball coach negatively because he's a stern tough guy at times. He wasn't hired to make you or anyone else feel warm & fuzzy. He was hired to coach basketball.

What has happened to the kids? :bang:

The only thing clear from my perspective is that you don't like JB and for some reason you think it's cute to come up with a new reason daily why other people should agree with you.

What are you talking about, you won't miss the drama? LMAO we know that's not true. You dislike him because you are emotional. That's Drama!

You are judging a basketball coach negatively because he's a stern tough guy at times. He wasn't hired to make you or anyone else feel warm & fuzzy. He was hired to coach basketball.

Nothing's happened to the kids. You're just assuming there's only one way to coach and win. Clearly that's not the case since a good number of coaches are managing to coach their kids to wins even though they're using different methods on and off the court compared to Boeheim.

I have spent some time with JB. I find him to be a bully. He is a HOFer and legend but his attitude these last few years bothers me. It is similar to myself.
However, I am not a public figure and I can be an ahole when its not job related.
Your opinion is fine. I am not a worshiper. I call it the way I see it. I think the guy has emphasized defense and zone to the detriment of our offense. If the offense was better he would have another ring IMO.
I hate how passive he coaches.
I don't like how we rarely change playing styles. Change works. You don't need to be all or nothing.
I don't care to make me warm and fuzzy. I am seeing a program slide into mediocrity.
Thank goodness for March 2016 or this program would be slipping.
I think the biggest problem with the program is JB's lack of doing anything different.
Player development has stagnated. Recruiting looks bleak. Sorry I don't kiss @ss I call it the way I see it.
Do a good job I give praise. Do a poor job and I give criticisim.

I have spent some time with JB. I find him to be a bully. He is a HOFer and legend but his attitude these last few years bothers me. It is similar to myself.
However, I am not a public figure and I can be an ahole when its not job related.
Your opinion is fine. I am not a worshiper. I call it the way I see it. I think the guy has emphasized defense and zone to the detriment of our offense. If the offense was better he would have another ring IMO.
I don't like how we rarely change playing styles. Change works. You don't need to be all or nothing.
I don't care to make me warm and fuzzy. I am seeing a program slide into mediocrity.
I think the biggest problem with the program is JB's lack of doing anything different.
Player development has stagnated. Recruiting looks bleak. Sorry I don't kiss @ss I call it the way I see it.

I can't disagree with anything you said other than stagnation of player development. When one or two guys fail to improve their senior year it's not usually the coaches fault, nor is one or two a trend.

Especially when they look completely disinterested while on the court.

I'm not a recruitnik anymore so I cannot say if you are right... though I suspect or hope that you are overstating the problem.

As far as the bully talk goes, stop being a victim! You will immediately start garnering respect the moment you quit victimhood.

Player development has stagnated. Recruiting looks bleak. Sorry I don't kiss @ss I ucall it the way I see it.

I have to agree. Something is not right. This team had too much offensive talent to even being questionably left out of the tournament. Now recruiting is down and that could be because of his half-in/half-out status. From where our program was after the 2013 season it's been a major disappointment. We had a ton of momentum which has turned 360 on us. Personally, i'm sick of the angry, ornery post game after he gets out coached. That and the "You're ground form of substitution is past him.

I'm not big into conspiracy theories but I could honestly see the NCAA purposely leaving SU out of the NCAA just to set up this matchup and drive some interest in the NIT. Clearly more people are going to pay attention to this matchup than they would a normal first round NIT game just because of Boeheim's completely innocuous comments that were completely blown out of proportion.

Since we have first hand experience with how the NCAA has personal vendettas, especially against Boeheim, I don't even think my theory is that far-fetched.

I'm not big into conspiracy theories but I could honestly see the NCAA purposely leaving SU out of the NCAA just to set up this matchup and drive some interest in the NIT. Clearly more people are going to pay attention to this matchup than they would a normal first round NIT game just because of Boeheim's completely innocuous comments that were completely blown out of proportion.

Since we have first hand experience with how the NCAA has personal vendettas, especially against Boeheim, I don't even think my theory is that far-fetched.
Had SU been placed in an opening round play-in game game, there's no doubt in my mind that it would've been the most viewed play-in game to date.

I was talking to somebody in a PM earlier and said that JB has changed the past few years. He wasn't always like this. He's always been a little grouchy but it didn't always seem to be personal or at this level.

I don't know what it was but I really think the Bernie thing is what did it.

I can't disagree with anything you said other than stagnation of player development. When one or two guys fail to improve their senior year it's not usually the coaches fault, nor is one or two a trend.

Especially when they look completely disinterested while on the court.

I'm not a recruitnik anymore so I cannot say if you are right... though I suspect or hope that you are overstating the problem.

As far as the bully talk goes, stop being a victim! You will immediately start garnering respect the moment you quit victimhood.
No. There is a right and respectful way to act and a wrong and disrespectful way not to act. JB crosses that line too often. That is why he has obviously created so many enemies. and often the best question is to what end? JB is a very smart guy. the way he has treated Roberson is just mind blowing. His comments about the kid have been mean. And worse, they haven't worked. So why did he keep doing it? Why say, when Roberson may again be faced with important free throws, that you knew he wouldn't make them? And it always amazes me the way Jb treats the local press while sometimes sucking up to national guys. The local guys can't do anything for him. And there is no question that recruiting is on the downturn and that JB has hurt the program by being away from the recruiting scene helping K coach another team not named Syracuse. and he should never have allowed our top recruiter to go with him.

I was talking to somebody in a PM earlier and said that JB has changed the past few years. He wasn't always like this. He's always been a little grouchy but it didn't always seem to be personal or at this level.

I don't know what it was but I really think the Bernie thing is what did it.
I don't think so. I have known just about every reporter that has covered JB since 1976. They all have terrible stories to share. Some handle it better than others. There is a reason that the NCAA has gone after us as hard as they have. And it really isn't the seriousness of the charges against us. we see other programs get off a lot easier than we do.

I don't think so. I have known just about every reporter that has covered JB since 1976. They all have terrible stories to share. Some handle it better than others. There is a reason that the NCAA has gone after us as hard as they have. And it really isn't the seriousness of the charges against us. we see other programs get off a lot easier than we do.

Do you think they'd love to ban Boeheim if they had found something during their epic search or at any other time? It almost feels like it.

Do you think they'd love to ban Boeheim if they had found something during their epic search or at any other time? It almost feels like it.
Let's just say they hit us as hard as they could. Last year's NCAA tournament must have really upset them.

In your opinion do you think a lot of the negative we've had is because of JB?

The thing is we're nowhere without him, but could we've gone further? If that's the perception of him has it hurt with recruiting?

No. There is a right and respectful way to act and a wrong and disrespectful way not to act. JB crosses that line too often. That is why he has obviously created so many enemies. and often the best question is to what end? JB is a very smart guy. the way he has treated Roberson is just mind blowing. His comments about the kid have been mean. And worse, they haven't worked. So why did he keep doing it? Why say, when Roberson may again be faced with important free throws, that you knew he wouldn't make them? And it always amazes me the way Jb treats the local press while sometimes sucking up to national guys. The local guys can't do anything for him. And there is no question that recruiting is on the downturn and that JB has hurt the program by being away from the recruiting scene helping K coach another team not named Syracuse. and he should never have allowed our top recruiter to go with him.
Well, jimmy has said on numerous occasions that he doesn't give a s--- anymore. That kind of attitude bleeds over into other aspects of the job, don't kid yourself.

Let's just say they hit us as hard as they could. Last year's NCAA tournament must have really upset them.

That made me happy, sticking it to the NCAA. They didnt want that possibility this year, and were able to do it in a very plausible manner that cant be overly questioned.

ESPNU was just mocking the SU media and the Northwestern media. If I wasnt anti violence, I'd love to be there ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom