espn hit job

• hit job

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • not hit job

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

orangehomer

All American
at the end of all of this (provided no new accusers or corroborated evidence comes out) this ends up looking like an espn hit job, which will cost bernie his job and his reputation. i will of course eat my words if something changes, but at this point they basically rehashed a story that they didn't deem as publishable, sensationlized it at the expense of a man's career. tremendously disapointing abuse of a public microphone.

at the end of all of this (provided no new accusers or corroborated evidence comes out) this ends up looking like an espn hit job, which will cost bernie his job and his reputation. i will of course eat my words if something changes, but at this point they basically rehashed a story that they didn't deem as publishable, sensationlized it at the expense of a man's career. tremendously disapointing abuse of a public microphone.

If this all turns out to be true (and that's all hypothetical at this point), I can't even explain how furious I will be. Not because I know Bernie, or because I've followed the program for decades, because neither of those are true. Just because ESPN would have dragged the name of my Alma Mater and one of the people who means a lot to the University through the mud.

Agreed, if nothing new comes out this is a manufactured malicious story. However, some posters would have you believe there is substantial horrifying news imminent. Who knows.

Agreed, if nothing new comes out this is a manufactured malicious story. However, some posters would have you believe there is substantial horrifying news imminent. Who knows.
well i cant go off from imminent horrifying facts. i can only go from immediately available facts. and they just aint there.

Still waiting for something to convince me... Reserving judgement..

Be careful what you wish for. The lack of new news is good news imo, but lets not tip karma in the wrong direction here...

I'm going under the assumption that we don't know everything yet.

Sadly there are three outcomes here and two of them are bad;

1) the accusers could be found to be lying. That would be the only good outcome and it would exonerate Bernie and the program

2) Evidence proves Bernie guilty. Obviously the worst outcome and frankly if that's how it turns out they should put him away. Obviously bad for the program as well

3) As in previous investigation,proof cannot be determined and no charges are brought against Bernie. This is good/bad...good for Bernie in that he doesn't go to jail but bad in that his career is still ruined. Some people will feel "no proof" does not equal "didn't happen". He'll still have to step down and the spectre of what did or didn't happen will still hang over the program. It will cost us.

I'm going under the assumption that we don't know everything yet.

Sadly there are three outcomes here and two of them are bad;

1) the accusers could be found to be lying. That would be the only good outcome and it would exonerate Bernie and the program

2) Evidence proves Bernie guilty. Obviously the worst outcome and frankly if that's how it turns out they should put him away. Obviously bad for the program as well

3) As in previous investigation,proof cannot be determined and no charges are brought against Bernie. This is good/bad...good for Bernie in that he doesn't go to jail but bad in that his career is still ruined. Some people will feel "no proof" does not equal "didn't happen". He'll still have to step down and the spectre of what did or didn't happen will still hang over the program. It will cost us.
With respect to No. 2, I think it would have to be evidence with someone new. I dont know how these guys could have evidence now that they lacked in 2003 that Bernie molested them.

with regard to # 3. I don't think this will be a damaging blow at all. Time will pass. It will fade in to the misty past.

I suppose it's possible that dash is right in that, while the crazy media-internet age causes things like this to balloon up out of control, it also comes with a nano-second attention span such that people will forget about this as soon as Katy Perry gets divorced (or married depending on whatever she is now... lol)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom