WMU firing Tim Lester / hiring Lance Taylor | Syracusefan.com

WMU firing Tim Lester / hiring Lance Taylor

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
Our old pal. These G5 jobs opening up make me worry about White, but that’s what happens when you have good assistants.

It's interesting to see how the HC's that were hired the same year as Babers are struggling or had a very poor year in 2022 that many of us liked to be SU's HC.

I wonder if Lester was offered a bigger job before he was fired and didn't take it due to loyalty? I'm not saying he did or didn't but so often you see a coach get canned that was loyal when he could have possibly made a lot more money elsewhere.

So

If in some future reality Anae and/or Beck were to leave for some opportunity, is this bridge all that burnt?

Odd. But good for us since we play them early in the year.

If / when we move on from Dino, nobody should ever question the leash or loyalty one gets coaching at SU. It should be the ultimate selling point - guaranteed to raise your kids and not move for a while….

Odd. But good for us since we play them early in the year.

If / when we move on from Dino, nobody should ever question the leash or loyalty one gets coaching at SU. It should be the ultimate selling point - guaranteed to raise your kids and not move for a while….

Yeah, but -
We won’t have any tape!!

We’re SCREWED!!!! :p

This fire is not surprising. WMU has a boatload of money (especially for the MAC), and Lester has never done better than 2nd place in his division. In a lot of ways, it's been diminishing returns, even if the record doesn't reflect that.

This fire is not surprising. WMU has a boatload of money (especially for the MAC), and Lester has never done better than 2nd place in his division. In a lot of ways, it's been diminishing returns, even if the record doesn't reflect that.

The expectation has always been to win the MAC, or at least make the MAC championship. Lester and his crew never met that.

Weren't they in the Cotton Bowl the year before he was hired? They seem to think they can get more out of what they have.

He was a Shafer guy, not a Babers guy.
I know, but He knows offense.

Those transitions are business rather than personal so maybe he’d be open to returning as an OC.

Who knows. He’s the real reason we got Dungey imo, not SS

Weren't they in the Cotton Bowl the year before he was hired? They seem to think they can get more out of what they have.

They were.

I don't think the WMU fan base thinks a NY6 bowl each year is realistic. They do, however, expect to be competitive within their conference, and vie for a MAC championship quite often; like NIU had been doing a few years back.

I know, but He knows offense.

Those transitions are business rather than personal so maybe he’d be open to returning as an OC.

Who knows. He’s the real reason we got Dungey imo, not SS
He's going to end up as a P5 QB coach and eventually get promoted to OC somewhere.

Strange for sure. He's done quite well there, maybe more to the story, no idea.

He should be able to get a solid OC gig somewhere
WMU hired a new AD last December. He must want more out of the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom