WMU Kickoff Time Noon / ACCN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WMU Kickoff Time Noon / ACCN

exposure to who? Game time will not effect attendance to these games.. performance will.

I already know a bunch of people who didnt want to go to the Clemson game because its a night game and that was before the maryland game happened.. most of the people i know like noon games.

Not wanting to go to the Clemson game because its a night game is insane. 12 pm Sat starts are for HS and Pop Warner teams. I find it insane those people think a 7pm or later start is bad, insane.

what is the avg age of people going to games who is not tailgating.. When my wife found out the game time she already dreaded it.. 7:30 means at best if we have a decent game effort you are not done until 11:30.. that means home by 1am..

i mean who goes to movies after the 8-9 pm shows and they get done by 10-11 . far more people go when the times are 7-8.

if 12 pm starts are wrong then why do so many games start at noon when TV isnt driving it?

yeah but the Fine mess tailgate is different than 95% of the normal tailgate crews.. most of the casual ones are the one car 4-6 type set ups. you have the 1-2 big setups at the other lots and then a bunch of 1-2-3 car groups of 10-12 people . then you have the 75% who dont tailgate at all.

Anyone who tailgates can’t possibly like noon games. Anyone who doesn’t tailgate is missing out.

For a 3:30 game you can get three hours of tailgating in easily. You can have plenty of grilled food and beer. Plus you can watch or listen to the noon games.

For a noon game, is there a point in tailgating more than an hour? Even an hour tailgate means getting to the lot around 10 am. Forget about grilling or drinking beer. Heck it is even too early to drink ginger ale. So I hope you like breakfast and mimosas.

what is the avg age of people going to games who is not tailgating.. When my wife found out the game time she already dreaded it.. 7:30 means at best if we have a decent game effort you are not done until 11:30.. that means home by 1am..

i mean who goes to movies after the 8-9 pm shows and they get done by 10-11 . far more people go when the times are 7-8.

if 12 pm starts are wrong then why do so many games start at noon when TV isnt driving it?

TV is driving it. They want to fill the whole day. When you have a dozen different channels, you get a dozen games at noon.

Even when we are stuck tailgating at home I do not enjoy the noon time slot and any type of travel makes noon tailgates to short :(

exposure to who? Game time will not effect attendance to these games.. performance will.

I already know a bunch of people who didnt want to go to the Clemson game because its a night game and that was before the maryland game happened.. most of the people i know like noon games.

I don’t know a single person that likes noon games.

Almost everybody I know dislikes noon games. Not even close. I tailgate with well over 100 people every game and It would be hard to find one who prefers noon starts. I would bet that a 3:30 start would be a preference, followed by a 7:30 start. I even long for the days of 1:30 starts.

games at noon were the norm well before TV. Still the norm

False. TV drives noon games. It allows for a noon, 3:30 and 7 p.m time slot every Saturday.

games at noon were the norm well before TV. Still the norm
Before the Dome the normal starting time for home games was 1:30. You don't see that starting time much at all anymore due to TV time slots.

The bottom line is that there seems to be equal numbers who hate each game time. Being an eastern team who is not a big state school (or ND), we're going to get a lot of noon starts. That's just the way it is.

I am not the demographic to please, but living in the mountain time zone, noon Eastern games are the best.

Even the regional 12:30 game would have been preferable but I agree with you unfortunately. Holy Cross seems destined for an early start as well.
They seem to like the FCS games at 12:30. We'll see

SU used to kickoff at 1:30pm back in the day before 75 TV games a week

Edit: Oops see OrangeAl answered that...

you cant compare people who tailgate with the avg fan..

The average non tailgating fans I know hate noon too. Either pop warner, Saturday morning golfers, not wanting to get up early to get going, and whatever reason. People in general hate noon starts.

back in the day, before most stadiums had good lights all games had to pretty much be done by 4 or so in the fall.

but noon - 1:30 is pretty much the same time frame, done by dinner. the new times are tv window driven. Still if you are not tailgating at all, which is the vast majority of people at any game, more dont want late games.

if Su as bad and playing Holy cross at 7pm you think students would come any more than than the avg fan.. when we play better and better opp. come night is fun and fans like us love it. but we will also be there Noon or 3 or 4 or 7. the walkup fan is coming to a bad game at 7pm on sat but may come to a noon game.

The average non tailgating fans I know hate noon too. Either pop warner, Saturday morning golfers, not wanting to get up early to get going, and whatever reason. People in general hate noon starts.
and does your avg fan like coming to 7pm games and getting home at 1am?

I play golf a ton but never said man i wish the game was later so i could play. Now Tomcat I could see saying that.. But my wife isnt letting me play golf all morning and also letting me go to the game

no doubt some people have pop warner or soccer or rec bball on sat morning but its a small number since we have a very old skewing fan base.

SU is a casual fan base by far, it would be stats the school might gather and did ask one time years ago before so many games were on TV..

and does your avg fan like coming to 7pm games and getting home at 1am?

I play golf a ton but never said man i wish the game was later so i could play. Now Tomcat I could see saying that.. But my wife isnt letting me play golf all morning and also letting me go to the game

no doubt some people have pop warner or soccer or rec bball on sat morning but its a small number since we have a very old skewing fan base.

SU is a casual fan base by far, it would be stats the school might gather and did ask one time years ago before so many games were on TV..

The average fan lives 2 hours away?

A typical 7pm game will be over 10:30. So one should be out of the lot by 11:15. So one would need to live further than 45 mins away to be home after midnight.

This was the 4th game I was considering coming to. Glad I decided against it. Noon starts suck

My own personal perfect start time is 3 or 330. Allows me to leave NJ at a not insane hour to arrive in time to
Tailgate, and also allows me to get a nice dinner downtown after the game.

our games on avg are closer to 4+ its a 7:30 game. we will be lucky if its a good game to get over by 11:30.

if i still til the end its 1:30 or later for me. half the Dome belongs to Consiglier now so they are later than that..

Really, I don’t know anyone that likes nooners. Some like 3:30 and others Night, but nobody I know likes noon. Interesting.

Really, I don’t know anyone that likes nooners. Some like 3:30 and others Night, but nobody I know likes noon. Interesting.
I said in the above page or so that I like nooner’s so you found one person