Wofford | Syracusefan.com

Wofford

acuse816

Walk On
Right now, they're ranked in the Top 25 and The Bracket Matrix (an aggregate of all major bracketologists - http://www.bracketmatrix.com/) has them as an 8-seed. Seems rather high. Their best win is @ South Carolina by 20, and second best is Furman (twice). They lost all of their other Power-5 matchups by double digits. Seems like a case where their ranking in the AP Top-25 and the committee's seedings might differ by a lot. Would be very happy, though, if the Orange drew them in the 8/9 game.

They lost all of four games vs Kansas, UNC, Miss St and Oklahoma. Theyre riding a seventeen game win streak and undefeated in their conference. I'm fine with their rank and their seed.

Wofford shoots 40% from 3 and Cam Jackson is a load inside. Wofford is legit and would match up well with us. Watch them play.

I’d rather not see Fletcher Magee. Dude can absolutely sling it from behind the arc.

They lost all of four games vs Kansas, UNC, Miss St and Oklahoma. Theyre riding a seventeen game win streak and undefeated in their conference. I'm fine with their rank and their seed.
Definitely fine with their seed and I don't want to see them as a possible first opponent.
Their losses to the P5 schools were only by 11 except for Kansas. They came very close to beating UNC early in the season.
Wofford is the kind of team that can "upset" a higher seed.

We thought my son was going to Wofford. The assistant told my son after a camp (2nd time they had seen him) that they were ready to offer him. He had been on campus and really liked it. They had told our goalie coach it would be a full ride, and he would start day 1.
Then we don't hear from the coach. Weeks go by. Turns out he had a mental health crisis and just left. By the time we connect with the HC, he has decided to bring in a transfer goalkeeper. Disappointed to say the least.
Great campus. (EDIT. Just found out tonight that the Wofford coach retired and the assistant resurfaced at Asheville.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom