Wolitarski for Minny | Syracusefan.com

Wolitarski for Minny

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
After (finally) getting to watch the replay I got to say I was very impressed with 82. Ran solid routes and surely beats us if reddish does not get a finger tip to ever so slightly deflect that hail mary. Credit where due. He was easily their best player on the field. Also from my current neck of the woods. Santa Clarita CA. A freshman. I look forward to him catching TDs against Rutgers and Maryland...

Agreed. I was almost thinking maybe a Jeff Samardzija type. Well at least playing against Rutgers. ;)

Every time I heard his name called
Blutarsky.jpeg

After the first quarter, my buddies and I made a rule that we had to drink every time the announers said his name. Let's just say he was quite involved in the Gopher's playcalling.

Any one have a still pic of that Hail Mary? Maybe it was the beers or just the excitement of seeing the ball roll around on the field. Ether way I know it was close but I just don't know how close.

Any one have a still pic of that Hail Mary? Maybe it was the beers or just the excitement of seeing the ball roll around on the field. Ether way I know it was close but I just don't know how close.

You mean this one?

hailmary.jpg

After (finally) getting to watch the replay I got to say I was very impressed with 82. Ran solid routes and surely beats us if reddish does not get a finger tip to ever so slightly deflect that hail mary. Credit where due. He was easily their best player on the field. Also from my current neck of the woods. Santa Clarita CA. A freshman. I look forward to him catching TDs against Rutgers and Maryland...

And we could easily have been called for pass interference on the play. Our guy made contact on Blutarsky's left shoulder while the ball was in the air. Our guy was making a play on the ball, but they could have called it. If it was basketball, Jim Burr would have called it.

And we could easily have been called for pass interference on the play. Our guy made contact on Blutarsky's left shoulder while the ball was in the air. Our guy was making a play on the ball, but they could have called it. If it was basketball, Jim Burr would have called it.
That's interesting, I can't remember ever seeing pass interference called on a Hail Mary pass before. And yet, I imagine there is a fair amount of interference by offense and defense on those plays.

A Hail Mary pass is a free for all in the end zone, any referee who called pass interference on that kind of play would never work again. Every coach in the country would go to their AD, and have him banned from their conference.

Agreed. I was almost thinking maybe a Jeff Samardzija type. Well at least playing against Rutgers. ;)
Sticking with Minnesota, I was thinking more Eric Decker.

Wolitarski beat Reddish like an ugly step-child time and again. I don't know if it was a case of missing Eskridge or what, but our supposed best cover guy got exposed.