Women's World Hockey Championships | Syracusefan.com

Women's World Hockey Championships

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
Final tonight in Calgary. US leads after the first period, 2-0.

Anyone watching? It's always pretty intense.

I was listening to TSN 690 out of Montreal today and the topic came up as to what is the best "Canada vs US" rivalry in sports today.

It could include international play OR a Canadian based pro team vs a US based pro team OR one Canadian Athlete vs US Athlete.

The conclusion was that US-Canada woman's hockey is probably the top one right now. Can't really think of a hot rivalry with any of our NHL Teams right now... I suppose Toronto Raptors had a one-sided rivalry with the Cavs for a while but nothing now... and on an individual level there is nothing like Donovan Bailey - Michael Johnson from almost 25 years ago.

Go Canadian Ladies.

The one I always look forward to the most is at World Jrs but then you never know when Sweden, Finland or Russia is going to prevent it from being a medal game.

The one I always look forward to the most is at World Jrs but then you never know when Sweden, Finland or Russia is going to prevent it from being a medal game.

Yes the rivlary between the senior and junior men's hockey teams came up, but was tossed aside for the reason you noted.

In a way the fact that the US always faces Canada in the finals may be good for the rivalry, but it's not ideal for the sport of woman hockey.

If I understood Rod Black properly (I don't trust him on facts), this OT will be the 8th OT Game out of the last 11 World Championship games between the two. Pretty amazing.

2-2, end of regulation. Going to 3 on 3 OT. The rivalry has produced better games than this. Yes it's close, but both teams are soft on the puck. It's essentially just keep bumping it ahead and chasing it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom