wonder how many scholies Marrone cost us overall | Syracusefan.com

wonder how many scholies Marrone cost us overall

Millhouse

Living Legend
i'd love for someone else to add up the number of players he ran off and the number of recruits we lost this year and compare it to the number he brought in

thin rosters are this guys legacy

I think that Jamison leaving rutty and the whole timing of this may cost us Edwards. I'd hate to lose the relationships we have built up in NYC/Long Island and hopefully we'll get a guy that will continue to build those along with doing better in the whole state.

Well based on your subject line, HCDM cost us no scholies, we still have 85. Why do you think we have a thin roster? The depth is much better than its ever been. We have the remainder of this years class to bring in which will get us up to the 85 limit. I have no problem with Kids that were "run off." If the ocaching staff didnt feel they would fit into the system or didnt have D1 talent then we should upgrade. As far as future recruits, Edwards, Allen, we will see how it all shakes out. They are unproven talent at this point. HCDM's legacy hasnt been written yet. We need to see how the next few years go before we can make a conclusion.

Well based on your subject line, HCDM cost us no scholies, we still have 85. Why do you think we have a thin roster? The depth is much better than its ever been. We have the remainder of this years class to bring in which will get us up to the 85 limit. I have no problem with Kids that were "run off." If they ocaching staff didnt feel they would fit into the system or didnt have D1 talent then we should upgrade. As far as future recruits Edwards, Allen, we will see how it will all shake out. They are unproven talent at this point. HCDM's legacy hasnt been written yet. We need to see how the next few years go before we can make a conclusion.
yeah, that was a dopey subject line. i meant actual players

It may depend on the new OC and who he see's as guys he wants on the offensive side of the ball. It seems that in the beginning of the Marrone era Shafer got to pick the best athletes and put them on his side of the ball so it will be interesting to say the least to see how this is going to be worked out within the staff and that may a reason why some kids might leave but I'd assume they may wait for spring practice first and see how it shakes out.

I think that Jamison leaving rutty and the whole timing of this may cost us Edwards. I'd hate to lose the relationships we have built up in NYC/Long Island and hopefully we'll get a guy that will continue to build those along with doing better in the whole state.
More likely Carter imo, especially when you factor in Wheat. Edwards still has a boatload of friends from nyc playing for us.

All I know is this recruiting class wll end up coming back to bite us in the next 2-3 years. Especially if Austin Wilson doesn't show up either (which could happen).

Clearly all of our best recruiters were on the offensive side of the ball. 2 out of 3 are gone and I don't feel great about Adkins' return. That's why it's imperative that Shafer hires established recruiters and doesn't simply bunker down with more of his old Western Michigan staff.

I'm thinking Adkins stays, maybe in an expanded role. And I think an OC gets announced within the next couple of days.

More likely Carter imo, especially when you factor in Wheat. Edwards still has a boatload of friends from nyc playing for us.

What side of the ball does Carter project to be on? If he wants to be a LB I think he'll stay but if the offensive side is where he wants to be and that may be why he leaves. Of course I'm sure if he has other schools talking to him I'm sure they're telling him exactly what he wants to hear. I hope he stays with SU.

What side of the ball does Carter project to be on? If he wants to be a LB I think he'll stay but if the offensive side is where he wants to be and that may be why he leaves. Of course I'm sure if he has other schools talking to him I'm sure they're telling him exactly what he wants to hear. I hope he stays with SU.
Visiting Rutgers. Friends with Gause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom