Wonder if ESPN would be pushing this story as hard if... | Syracusefan.com

Wonder if ESPN would be pushing this story as hard if...

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
they weren't currently in contract negotiations with the ACC. Maybe trying to damage the goods so they don't have to pay as much?

I also wonder if anyone involved with the Penn State thing had contacted Davis or Lang before this story rolled public. Say maybe Sanduskys lawyer?

Both long shots but since this whole story is a long shot it's worth a mention.

I doubt the ACC connection. I do think, however, that Mark Schwarz initiated the new contact with Davis so he could get on camera more.

Hard to say. I think the Penn State story brought this one back to light. ESPN had this information back in 2003 and just dredged it back up. Conventional wisdom from a month or so ago was that ESPN was the impetus for the ACC expanding and inviting SU and Pitt. Doesn't seem they would try and deep six their own strategy by diminishing the SU brand.

Conventional wisdom from a month or so ago was that ESPN was the impetus for the ACC expanding and inviting SU and Pitt. Doesn't seem they would try and deep six their own strategy by diminishing the SU brand.

Wasn't their motive for pushing teams to the ACC more a s a result of the Big East walking away from negotiations though? End result could be less money to the Big East, and now less money to the ACC as a result.

I know it's far fetched, but figued might as well come up with a conspiracy theory of my own.

Either that or report that Mark Schwarz has closed blinds at his house and strikes me as creepy so he should be investigated.

Far fetched, but totally makes sense. I do think ESPN is shitting themselves because the industry is going to change.

they weren't currently in contract negotiations with the ACC. Maybe trying to damage the goods so they don't have to pay as much?

This theory was posted a couple of days ago and it's still ridiculous.

Do you think ESPN, which televises a massive amount of college sports, wants people to think child molesters are on the sidelines? That wouldn't be good for business.

I thought the latest story is that Danielle Roach approached ESPN and/or the DA and/or the SPD. Very hard to keep up with this very bizarre story and equally bizarre cast of characters.

This theory was posted a couple of days ago and it's still ridiculous.

Do you think ESPN, which televises a massive amount of college sports, wants people to think child molesters are on the sidelines? That wouldn't be good for business.

Sorry missed that thread. Thought I had an original thought here.

Do you think ESPN said:
I don't know, I could see this being the basis of a highly-watched reality show...

What did ESPN give Lang to change his story from 8 years ago? I think that needs an investigation. Lets see if Lang and Davis show up at the Final Four this year with courtside seats.