Wondering if we swap spots with OSU | Syracusefan.com

Wondering if we swap spots with OSU

rstone7727

All Conference
Being they pounded a pretty good Nebraska squad 84-53 and we struggled with the U. I suppose it's possible for us drop to 4th behind Wiscy. Not that it's a big deal but what do you think?

Considering we had 5 first place votes last week and neither of those teams did, I doubt it. This isn't the football poll.

Probably deserve to swap but wont. Not worried either way, both teams will have chances to prove themselves so the polls will sort themselves out.

Yeah if zona beating cupcakes vs us beating a top 10 team doesnt switch us then the ohio st drubbing of nebraska will change nothing vs our struggles. In conf play margin of victory means even less than in non conf to pollsters which is like 1 pct to 0 pct.

It's been a long time since Nebraska was considered pretty good in anything and it wasn't hoops when they were. Nebraska is 8-6 with their best win being vs Miami who also happens to be in the bottom half of our best wins.

Miami KP #89
Nebraska KP #91

They are about the same level of team, but one win against a medicore opponent will not change much,

Nebraska and Rutgers have to be pretty close to longest droughts without making tourney out of the BCS. Maybe I am forgetting a Nebraska team.

EDIT - Forgot about Northwestern who is probably the worse in this regard. The Big Ten is building itself quite a stable of useless basketball programs with the addition of Rutgers and Nebrasks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom