Woody Paige blows his horn | Syracusefan.com

Woody Paige blows his horn

SWC75

Bored Historian
I don't often watch "Around the Horn" on ESPN but I happened to have it on jsut now as they were discussing who would be the fourth seed.

Woody Paige just said that Duke or Virginia could get a #1 seed if they won the ACCT.

What about Syracuse, Woody? "No, their little dip cost them."

Our little dip includes 2 losses without Jerami Grant. SU would be 30-4 and 17-4 in the ACC if they won this tournament with a three week run as the nation's #1 team. And we would have beaten Duke twice and probably Virginia in the final.

Duke would be 27-7 (16-5), Virginia 28-6 (19-2). Neither has been ranked #1. What about their dips?

Paige is in the "only watches college hoops in March" crowd, so I don't put any stock in what he says.

Are you saying you put some stock in what he says lol?

He's not only been a clown for years but he actually looks like one now. I don't wish bad on anybody but sports would be better without him. He is clueless on every subject he talks about.

I just watched that. Not the sharpest knives in the drawer. If SU wins the ACC , there should be no question that they are a #1 seed - with least 3 less losses than the other contenders.

I don't often watch "Around the Horn" on ESPN but I happened to have it on jsut now as they were discussing who would be the fourth seed.

Woody Paige just said that Duke or Virginia could get a #1 seed if they won the ACCT.

Our little dip includes 2 losses without Jerami Grant. SU would be 30-4 and 17-4 in the ACC if they won this tournament with a three week run as the nation's #1 team. And we would have beaten Duke twice and probably Virginia in the final.

Duke would be 27-7 (16-5), Virginia 28-6 (19-2). Neither has been ranked #1. What about their dips?

Last ten is no longer a factor. I don't think Woody realizes that.

For most of these jokers, Syracuse is 2-4 this year because that's when they started paying attention.

bballbeadle said:
I think he's a little dip , that's what I think.

Didn't expect this from you! :)

Paige is in the "only watches college hoops in March" crowd, so I don't put any stock in what he says.
Yep. Way, way too many of that crowd start chiming in right about now—year after year—pretending they know what they're talking about. Stick to NFL and tabloid story of the day, Woody, et. al.

I heard it.
I said I wasn't going to comment.
But that guy is such a dope.

Now let's just win the ACC Tourney and shut them all up.

Games against teams in the RPI top 50.

L @#5 Duke (7)
L @#12 Virginia (12)

W #17 Duke (7)
W North Carolina (20)
W #22 Pitt (40)
W @#25 Pitt (40)
W #8 Villanova (6)
W Minnesota (46)
W #18 Baylor (32)

Clearly unworthy.

bballbeadle said:
I think he's a little dip , that's what I think.

image-592236177.jpg

that's a pretty large crowd. gets real annoying trying to listen to some of the radio/tv show guys talk about college hoops.

He's not only been a clown for years but he actually looks like one now. I don't wish bad on anybody but sports would be better without him. He is clueless on every subject he talks about.
His chalk board stuff is usually pretty funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom