WOOT WOOT... Concrete getting poured | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WOOT WOOT... Concrete getting poured

Stupid question but with turf inside do they pour a pad? And from staring at the picture I think that is a sill plate.
I honestly wondered the same thing. My family has put up multiple steel buildings but never an IPF. I would think you'd want to due to settling and such, but, I'm not positive.

After a quick search I found out that Sherman Construction, who built Clemson's facility, did have a concrete pad under the field.

My wife works at a D3 school and does the marketing/PR for them. They have a camera for their athletic complex renovation. The school hosts it, and the camera set up all told was about $1500. If a small (1600 students) D3 school is doing this, and Syracuse isn't, wow... talk about small time. It's honestly embarrassing.

Instead of you changing name to FloridaMark should change to SnarkyMark ;)
You could go a step further and add a "y" to the end of it for SnarkyMarky... Ok that was really bad, I'm gonna walk away from the keyboard now.:oops:

"I was checkin' the uh, specs, on the end line, for the rotary... girder. I'm ... "

tumblr_n91si88rAn1tu7ij5o1_1280.jpg

What we're seeing in that photo is the foundation, the crush-n-run on the inside will be used to back fill the excavated areas around the foundation and to level/grade the surface.

I would imagine the next step would be to pour the pad, unless the cranes being used to place the steel are so heavy that they want to erect the framing prior to pouring the pad. The rebar you see with orange caps could be anchor bolts, but I can't tell if it's them or just rebar. If they're anchor bolts, you'll have sill plates, drilled out and placed over the anchor bolts, then nutted down on top of them.

We're very close to seeing some action ladies and gents. From an outside perspective, erecting the structure happens almost the fastest in the process and looks like the most is getting done.

Good observations. I do think the pad will be poured after the steel goes up.

Dan
has anyone

dan
has anyone asked why such a simple thing as a web cam never got done for this project?

I'm not sure. To be honest driving by it everyday there isn't much to report/see. What I think would be very useful is a photo every morning and at 5 Pm. I think I might just start doing that honestly...

I admit I haven't paid much attention to this. Can anyone link any info about the final plans, any blueprints, etc? Additional info about what the IPF will entail in terms of facilities other than just a field?

I admit I haven't paid much attention to this. Can anyone link any info about the final plans, any blueprints, etc? Additional info about what the IPF will entail in terms of facilities other than just a field?

Are you planning on breaking in and cracking the safe? :p

Come to FanFest on Saturday and see for yourself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom