WOOT WOOT... Concrete getting poured | Syracusefan.com

WOOT WOOT... Concrete getting poured

Footers getting poured today

Barring unforeseen changes or impediments, what time frame are we looking at from this point forward?

The building should be in use by the first of December. Maybe a little earlier.

The westernmost footers were poured about a week ago; they're moving quickly around the rest of the perimeter. Looks like excavation and pouring will wind down by next week and the building will start to get vertical.

I am by no means an expert. But I'd be hard-pressed to believe the building will be ready for use by Dec 1.

I think its more realistic for them to have a covered structure by Dec 1 with the finishing work taking place over the winter.

I am by no means an expert. But I'd be hard-pressed to believe the building will be ready for use by Dec 1.

I think its more realistic for them to have a covered structure by Dec 1 with the finishing work taking place over the winter.
Disagree. Barring any unforeseen hold-ups, there's no reason a pre-engineered building can't be ready to occupy in 4 months, especially if the contractors schedule 2 shifts/day.

If it is a pre-engineered building it will not take that long to get it constructed.

BuTXINQIQAA2kJW.jpg:large

Getting scared: I predicted Clark's Ale House would open before the IPF. Not so sure now...:oops:

If it is a pre-engineered building it will not take that long to get it constructed.

I'm not sure it's pre-engineered though. Thought there was a bunch of steel on Skytop, but it was just there waiting for construction to start. Don't worry though, I'm sure it will be ready to go in time for w.lax practice in January.

What we're seeing in that photo is the foundation, the crush-n-run on the inside will be used to back fill the excavated areas around the foundation and to level/grade the surface.

I would imagine the next step would be to pour the pad, unless the cranes being used to place the steel are so heavy that they want to erect the framing prior to pouring the pad. The rebar you see with orange caps could be anchor bolts, but I can't tell if it's them or just rebar. If they're anchor bolts, you'll have sill plates, drilled out and placed over the anchor bolts, then nutted down on top of them.

We're very close to seeing some action ladies and gents. From an outside perspective, erecting the structure happens almost the fastest in the process and looks like the most is getting done.

What we're seeing in that photo is the foundation, the crush-n-run on the inside will be used to back fill the excavated areas around the foundation and to level/grade the surface.

I would imagine the next step would be to pour the pad, unless the cranes being used to place the steel are so heavy that they want to erect the framing prior to pouring the pad. The rebar you see with orange caps could be anchor bolts, but I can't tell if it's them or just rebar. If they're anchor bolts, you'll have sill plates, drilled out and placed over the anchor bolts, then nutted down on top of them.

We're very close to seeing some action ladies and gents. From an outside perspective, erecting the structure happens almost the fastest in the process and looks like the most is getting done.

Stupid question but with turf inside do they pour a pad? And from staring at the picture I think that is a sill plate.

220..221, whatever it takes

I cant remember that last project we did on our campus that didnt have a camera and a web site to promote the project. its almost a zero cost to the project and in this case its a project that has way more people wondering about it and its a recruiting tool as well.

I cant remember that last project we did on our campus that didnt have a camera and a web site to promote the project. its almost a zero cost to the project and in this case its a project that has way more people wondering about it and its a recruiting tool as well.

I believe the last time we had one was when we built the weight room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom