World Record for Noise | Syracusefan.com

World Record for Noise

Niastri

Two Time Iggy Award Winner: Edwards for Three!
Did we get it?

Or did we have to settle for most fans in attendance with decibel meters?

So far, I've heard of 121 db in the 1st half. (Hoping for more) 7th loudest EVER recorded in a college stadium. I want to see 122, to knock out PED state.

We're 5db off the 2017 Guiness record. We can do it.

How was it in the dome? Sounded loud on TV!
It was loud. Lost my voice as expected. Definitely times I couldn’t hear my kids next to me. If that crowd size was at night…it’d be an all timer.

My only complaint was the gd wave when we’re on offense. But the casuals love the stupid thing. So if it gets them to come back so be it. Just do it during commercials.

So far, I've heard of 121 db in the 1st half. (Hoping for more) 7th loudest EVER recorded in a college stadium. I want to see 122, to knock out PED state.

We're 5db off the 2017 Guiness record. We can do it.
The loudest was 121. Never got any higher than that.

I had my app running all game in the west endzone... never got above 95..

Apps often dont read above 100...(and they are terrible over 100) i've been saying it for a while. Need a $20 meter.
it cranked up at home using speakers though. i really never got the sense it was as loud as the Lou game where i sit.

it cranked up at home using speakers though. i really never got the sense it was as loud as the Lou game where i sit.
Cool you checked it, but yeah. They suck. The mic is SO small, that its like trying to push your thumb against a needle. Keep pushing harder and Your thumb is eventually going to lose. A meter is designed to handle the pressure. I have NO doubt that we can hit mid 120's - probably more.

I was grabbing 110's vs. FCS opponents. Your app isnt working. :-(

Last edited:
On TV when they zoomed in on the crowd you could see a bunch of people standing while not yelling or clapping during big plays. There was a lot of meat left on the bone.

It was loud when it needed to be, but it wasn’t oppressive. And wasn’t brutal in the hallway. Right number of folks in the building

On TV when they zoomed in on the crowd you could see a bunch of people standing while not yelling or clapping during big plays. There was a lot of meat left on the bone.
I admit there were two or three plays yesterday when NCSt had the ball and I did not scream my head off. I’m ashamed, and promise to do better.
4CF5601C-DF42-4960-A53A-E7F65C9EE080.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom