Worst 20pt performance | Syracusefan.com

Worst 20pt performance

two3zone

RIP Shark58
In Cuse history? Watching the game I knew he put up some points but would never have guessed 20. I'm not trying to throw him under the bus but holy hell he played an awful game. Tomorrow when I sober up a bit more I'm actually going to post a thread about my thoughts about this great team and the unrealistic expectations and the expectations they exceeded this year.

Worst loss in SU modern history, but were still a great team.

I love CJ. Love everything about him. He played very, very badly tonight. We won't win many games with him playing that way. Although his shooting numbers are down, I continue to think he's gonna snap out of things soon. Southerland had a 5-7 game stretch where he really struggled last year. Jabari Parker had a 5-7 game stretch where he struggled this year. It happens. CJ's body of work is four years long. We know he'll bounce back.

Last edited:
His performance tonight was darn near NBA caremelo like. Stuff the stat sheet on volume shooting and lose

How quickly we forget paul harris
sp.Harris1.jpg

I suspect Donte Greene may have had some similar chucktastic lines.
Not by scoring 20 points. He was pretty good any time he scored 20. He did have some real stinkers though (2-15, 3-15, 4-15, 5-19, 3-12, 4-16, 1-12)

Warrick's 21 points, 10 turnover game against Vermont was pretty rough.

That said, I get what CJ was trying to do tonight. The shots just weren't falling. I still love the kid.

The shots not falling never bothers me. It's the looking directly at Rak with great position in the post and NEVER even thinking about getting him the ball. Instead, I'll dribble into a double team. And then hope that Ennis is close to bail me out. It's the holding the ball instead of moving it quickly. These are the things that bug me about CJs offense.

I've come down a little bit, and while I still agree with the premice of my post, I want to reiterate that I'm not crucifying CJ by any means and he truly is the MVP of this team. He was just awful tonight. :(

The shots not falling never bothers me. It's the looking directly at Rak with great position in the post and NEVER even thinking about getting him the ball. Instead, I'll dribble into a double team. And then hope that Ennis is close to bail me out. It's the holding the ball instead of moving it quickly. These are the things that bug me about CJs offense.
CJ is trying to find the proper balance between playing aggressively as the team's primary scorer (a new role for him this season) and letting the game come to him on offense. He's struggling in this role right now (much as Joseph and Triche did at times as seniors), but I'm confident he'll figure it out. In the meantime, the angry mobs with torches and pitchforks will be all over the Internet and call-in shows...

Last edited:
he needs to learn that just because his number is called, does not mean he has to force a shot

Just very inefficient. We didn't put him in spots to make plays considering the mismatch he had. We run a ton of stuff through, CJ, no doubt. Doesn't mean we need to give him the ball at the 20 foot line and watch him dribble left while everyone watches. Use your PG's ability to get into the lane to set him up.

that's 3 "meh" games for CJ in a row since his career high against duke

I love CJ. Love everything about him. He played very, very badly tonight. We won't win many games with him playing that way. Although his shooting numbers are down, I continue to think he's gonna snap out of things soon. Southerland had a 5-7 game stretch where he really struggled last year. Jabari Parker had a 5-7 game stretch where he struggled this year. It happens. CJ's body of work is four years long. We know he'll bounce back.
Honestly, CJ's body of work is about 3/4 of one year so far. He's never been the man. Aside from Duke, he's not really doing a great job of it. We will win games as a team and CJ is awesome in the context of the team. He/JB, whoever is calling all this CJ iso stuff needs to stop. Grant, Rak, Ennis and Cooney are all viable scoring options when CJ is off. I can see iso-CJ when he's on, but last night was just bizarre and thats been pretty indicative of his play sans Duke and some late game clutchness.

He needs to stop just throwing it against the backboard, some of those shouldn't qualify as shots, he didn't even draw rim on a couple of those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom