Worst play call of the day... | Syracusefan.com

Worst play call of the day...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
throwing on first and 5. 5 yards to the endzone up 13-3 with the third quarter winding down. Into double coverage. :bang: :bang::bat:

throwing on first and 5. 5 yards to the endzone up 13-3 with the third quarter winding down. Into double coverage. :bang: :bang::bat:
To a receiver who hadn't been thrown to all year.

Either way, that ball should have been caught. It can't always be a bad play call when that occurs.

Either way, that ball should have been caught. It can't always be a bad play call when that occurs.

Totally disagree...We run the effin ball so we can get to 3rd and 6 all game every game..never going to the endzone on first or second down when we are in the red zone. We get a penalty and are inside the five on first down and then we decide to throw..to a kid that has never seen a pass...

Terrible play call...That is the time to run it on 1st and second..and put them away...

Totally disagree...We run the effin ball so we can get to 3rd and 6 all game every game..never going to the endzone on first or second down when we are in the red zone. We get a penalty and are inside the five on first down and then we decide to throw..to a kid that has never seen a pass...

Terrible play call...That is the time to run it on 1st and second..and put them away...

If he caught it for the touchdown, would anyone be complaining about the play call. No. Should Nassib have thrown into obvious double coverage like that. No. If we ran and Bailey fumbled would everyone be complaining about the play call. Yes. In that case, people would be saying that we have a great quarterback and capable receivers, why would we give it to Bailey who fumbled on the first play of the game.

We have to look at this as a bad overall offensive and special teams game. If one of them was slightly more effective, we win. Games like this happen, but are few and far between. Thank god the defense showed up or this would have been a blowout.

Best play call of the day-- kneeling the ball to get into OT.

We have to look at this as a bad overall offensive and special teams game. If one of them was slightly more effective, we win. Games like this happen, but are few and far between. Thank god the defense showed up or this would have been a blowout.
I have to disagree, JJ. Games like this are the norm for us. We've just been able to win them. Not today.

To a receiver who hadn't been thrown to all year.

Disagree. He should have caught the ball. He is thrown to in practice all the time.

He gets a free ride through a very expensive univeristy to make catches like that. If he can't do it, he shouldn't even be on the field in the first place.

Now you might say that yes, he should not have been on the field. Then that's on the coaches. But if he is on the field, he has to make the play. End of story.

Disagree. He should have caught the ball. He is thrown to in practice all the time.

He gets a free ride through a very expensive univeristy to make catches like that. If he can't do it, he shouldn't even be on the field in the first place.
I will say, it does not look like we often have our best offensive set on the field in the red zone. At various times now we've seen Acchione, Foster, a lot of Wales. I don't get it.

Now you might say that yes, he should not have been on the field. Then that's on the coaches. But if he is on the field, he has to make the play. End of story.

+1

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Don't disagree that he should catch the ball. My stance is that the play call itself was bad. But if you are going to throw the ball there, it should be to someone who's seen some action this year, like Stevens, Graham or West.

I will say, it does not look like we often have our best offensive set on the field in the red zone. At various times now we've seen Acchione, Foster, a lot of Wales. I don't get it.
Exactly.

I have to disagree, JJ. Games like this are the norm for us. We've just been able to win them. Not today.

We were able to win because the offense finally came around. They never came around this game. The special teams played worse than I think I've ever seen.

Thats not the issue...its a bad play call and a bad selection of personnel who have never shown you in a game they can handle it..

We were able to win because the offense finally came around. They never came around this game. The special teams played worse than I think I've ever seen.

There's a fundamental flaw to what you're saying though. The offense shouldn't only be asked to come around. The offense should just be performing.

It's not performing if all it does is opportunistically come around.

There's a fundamental flaw to what you're saying though. The offense shouldn't only be asked to come around. The offense should just be performing.

It's not performing if all it does is opportunistically come around.

I agree, but realistically, this is where we are at. We don't have a true every down back and it's killing us. If the offense had come around this game, we would have won.

We don't have a true every down back and it's killing us.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about what the problems on offense are.

Hint: I think it's the scheme.

It is a lack of a true running game and deep threat. Teams are going to force us to beat them down the field

We still don't have a dynamite offensive player after three years of recruiting. We've played four games where each team had a star receiver. We still don't have one. I don't see how Smith should ever get on the field. I have a faster first step then he does.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about what the problems on offense are.

Hint: I think it's the scheme.

I agree it's the scheme, but there's not much more we can do at the moment. Nassib's accuracy past 10 yards is lacking and we can't establish the run on a consistent basis.

IDK, the wheel route pass to Bailey on 3rd and short was pretty cute.

If he caught it for the touchdown, would anyone be complaining about the play call. No. Should Nassib have thrown into obvious double coverage like that. No. If we ran and Bailey fumbled would everyone be complaining about the play call. Yes. In that case, people would be saying that we have a great quarterback and capable receivers, why would we give it to Bailey who fumbled on the first play of the game.

Couldn't have said it better.

We still don't have a dynamite offensive player after three years of recruiting. We've played four games where each team had a star receiver. We still don't have one. I don't see how Smith should ever get on the field. I have a faster first step then he does.
I've also found that to be curious. You should almost recruit a playmaker by accident.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom