Worst season ever? | Syracusefan.com

Worst season ever?

Jeesh, didn't take long for that.

Not close to being the worst. Some great wins and individual performances. This team was just flawed defensively and on the boards, in large part because its two centers went down, and a couple other guys failed to contribute as expected.

Season is now in the books. It doesn't take a month long analysis for everyone to realize this was JB's worst season.

well, now we've got next year to try and start a 20 win season streak again

We have had pretty similar stinker teams in 1997, 2002, 2008 and the 1982 team went 16-13, that was JBs worst. A year and a half later Pearl arrived. So there is hope

I'll take the Nc st./Clemson/Duke buzzer beaters and be thankful that this season was, at the very least, entertaining.

Our garbage losses negate anything good that happened.

Sorry you feel that way. I was happier seeing Gillon drop Duke at the dome than I was sad watching us lose by 30 to SJU.

And I'm miserable that we're out of the NIT before the end of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament.

Thank God that misery is over. It will definitely rank as the worst season in JB's career.

Let's hope they pull some recruiting miracle out of the fire because next year might be even worse.

Jeez, what a disappointing year.
Two most important recruits: a forward named Tyler Lydon and a guard named Tyus Battle

Not close to being the worst. Some great wins and individual performances. This team was just flawed defensively and on the boards, in large part because its two centers went down, and a couple other guys failed to contribute as expected.

Yep, if only we had Coleman and Chukwu - nothing to do with Lydon not being what we hoped - Gillon's size really limiting him - Roberson never improving - Howard being overwhelmed at this level - or the time it took for Taureen and Tyus to get confident - did I mention everyone has to play 41 minutes because we have no depth? Come on man

Two most important recruits: a forward named Tyler Lydon and a guard named Tyus Battle

They were on the team this year and we stunk. They need more help than White and we need good defense. What's coming in isn't better than what's leaving.

For the 1st time in my life I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this school after that

Just blows me away that even when we're bad we're a bubble team though.

I agree, but the way things are looking I'm not sure how long we'll be able to say that.

You can make an argument that it wasn't the worst team. But to say "not close to being the worst" ... really?

They were on the team this year and we stunk. They need more help than White and we need good defense. What's coming in isn't better than what's leaving.
You think this is bad? Try watching next year's team without Battle and Lydon.

White played like a total stud all year - he single handedly won numerous games for us - the thought of him leaving without a penetrating PG on the roster next year is frightening

Yep, if only we had Coleman and Chukwu - nothing to do with Lydon not being what we hoped - Gillon's size really limiting him - Roberson never improving - Howard being overwhelmed at this level - or the time it took for Taureen and Tyus to get confident - did I mention everyone has to play 41 minutes because we have no depth? Come on man

You mean if every aspect of this team had been different a bad season might have not been a bad season?

Well...yeah.

You think this is bad? Try watching next year's team without Battle and Lydon.

There are 35 other teams that are better than us - Duke and Kentucky have 8 players alone better than Tyus and Tyler - I know we have had bad luck with kids leaving early for nothing but I see both of them returning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom