Worst season ever? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Worst season ever?

Obviously not the type of season we were expecting, but these last 14 games were fun to watch. In these last 14 games, our losses all came down to the wire except for @Louisville and we had a few dramatic wins like Duke, NC State, and Clemson. I wouldn't go as far as calling this the worst season ever.

The UCONN, GTOWN, @Pitt, Louisville, @Georgia Tech, and Miami games were all losses that came down to the wire. Obviously we won our fair share of close games, but we probably make the tournament if we win just one of the aforementioned games. This team could have just as easily been 24-8 as 18-14 heading into Selection Sunday, and unfortunately for us, it ended up being the latter.

Wow. Settle down. I take it you don't follow SU football?

Actually I do. Season tickets for the last 5 years. Nothing as bad as this basketball season. I've never seen a team so disinterested in defense. Good riddance to them all

Actually I do. Season tickets for the last 5 years. Nothing as bad as this basketball season. I've never seen a team so disinterested in defense. Good riddance to them all
Once upon a time, we had this coach named Gerg.....

Eh, I'll go with worst season ever because of what we have next year.

That hanging over our head is rather painful. It always felt like if we had a bad year, we had some assets coming in, or pieces in place that cheered you up a bit!

With the possibility of departures, being so dependent on 5th year guys this year, and our recruiting mishaps, this is the worst. We had some fun moments though, some heroic John Gillon moments, Battle and White with some huge late game shots, etc...that made it enjoyable at times though!

That being said, so many questions abound even with how we employed the roster this year. It's all sort of dreadful.

Eh, I'll go with worst season ever because of what we have next year.

That hanging over our head is rather painful. It always felt like if we had a bad year, we had some assets coming in, or pieces in place that cheered you up a bit!

With the possibility of departures, being so dependent on 5th year guys this year, and our recruiting mishaps, this is the worst. We had some fun moments though, some heroic John Gillon moments, Battle and White with some huge late game shots, etc...that made it enjoyable at times though!

That being said, so many questions abound even with how we employed the roster this year. It's all sort of dreadful.

I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again:

To take a talented player (go ahead, someone, post those recruiting tapes again) like Roberson -- not a druggie, not a fatty, not a dummy, not a malcontent -- and take away all faith in his abilities over four years is an indictment of the man at the top of the pyramid.

And the other kids who wanted to be here but aren't...at best, giving every benefit of the doubt to the staff, that was a well-intentioned miscalculation. It's clear that you can't win with a revolving door when the kids in that revolving door aren't elite recruits. If we're going with middle-tier recruits, they need to be developed here for four years.

Roster management, yeah, it's left something to be desired.

Season is now in the books. It doesn't take a month long analysis for everyone to realize this was JB's worst season.
Agreed. Didnt enjoy watching it all. The team had no fluidity/chemistry on the court. Glaring holes that should not have been exposed personnel and scheme-wise. The last 3 years point to some serious changes that need to be made in approach from recruiting to coaching, and scheduling. Embrace change or die.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom