Worst XMas Gifts 2013 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Worst XMas Gifts 2013

Not sure how funny this story will come across, but it was hilarious.

This was the first Christmas without my father around (some may remember my post in May when he passed away from Lung & Esophageal cancer). My mother bought a lot of the gifts this year and to nicely put this, she is very out of touch with reality and pop culture.

My step-nephew (a 13 year old boy who is into all things hillbilly/hunting) asked for a CD player for Christmas. My mother got him the CD player a long with one CD. The CD was "Taylor Swift: Red". When my nephew KK opened the CD, the look on his face was priceless, and my mother had no idea why me, my two sisters, and 2 brother in laws were dying laughing.

It may be one of those "you had to be there" stories, but holy hell it was hilarious.

Funny. My mother had surgery one Christmas season when I was around 10 and while she was recuperating her boss shocked us by showing up at the house causing immediate chaos with us throwing stuff down the cellar stairs etc to clean up. My mother was still bedridden upstairs and was in no shape for a surprise visit. Well her boss brought a family " Christmas present", an 8 x 10 picture of the boss standing over my mother at her desk. The boss also dropped off some work saying she knew my mother had to be bored. My mother swore the boss came unannounced to check up on her. When my mother felt better, that picture was proudly displayed in our "water closet" adorning the wall over the toilet.

Is that story true? Or is it a false memory???? Unbelievable!

I bought Rosetta Stone Italian for my wife ... only to learn that it can't be downloaded onto her iPad. Refund coming up tomorrow and then back to square one.

Got my 4 year old a drum set. Yeah, the nuclear option.
My 31 year old son came home for Thanksgiving and found in his old bedroom his He Man sword that was the bane of our existence for at least 2 years. It made the most god awful sounds. PPPEWWW! PPPPEWWW! I HAVE THE POWAH! When he turned it on, it still worked! Let's hope your son can make a living some day with those drums. My son is a psychiatrist.

Is that story true? Or is it a false memory???? Unbelievable!

It is absolutely true. I'd forget the picture was even there until someone who hadn't been in our bathroom saw it, commented on it making us laugh all over again. It was hung there for about 2 years. My mother luckily believed if you can't beat them - then laugh at them (not that she laughed right away though).

I'll take any of those Xmas presents compared to the god dang stomach flu I woke up with! Barfed all day. Quite the Xmas![/quote)

That is awful. Hope you feel better soon.

Alarm Clocks that sound like animals, an electric cat that's motion sensitive, a huge tinker toy fort (think rods at 1 and 2 feet), stickers, paper dolls and a Jaw Harp. Santa hates me.
On the bright side: a Syracuse cup, ornament and assorted apparel.

I've always wanted to learn jaw harp. If you can show me how, I'll buy the beers.

I thought I got a crap gift. My wife bought me t-shirt sheets. When I opened them I was like really sheets what a stupid gift. She put them on the bed yesterday. When I went to bed last night I was blown away. Talk about an Awesome gift. If you don't have t-shirt sheets I highly recommend them!!

I thought I got a crap gift. My wife bought me t-shirt sheets. When I opened them I was like really sheets what a stupid gift. She put them on the bed yesterday. When I went to bed last night I was blown away. Talk about an Awesome gift. If you don't have t-shirt sheets I highly recommend them!!

I had the same reaction the first time I slept on flannel sheets! Now I have to sleep on them in the winter.

I had a bad Christmas day experience. Just awful. Life is tough.

I got a coat. My wife got a new area rug. My one kid got a trip to Miami for 10 days. (with his team for training, but still). Santa has the wrong priorities. While sunnining in the surf at Key Largo, he had a large Manatee swim nearby, which was very cool. ( I was just waiting for the "I said dad, what are you doing here" wisecracks but, being Christmas, they did not come.). He also got to go to a Heat game.

Being the romantic guy that I am, this is what I got my wife...it got 4 1/2 stars on Amazon.

31u7QQ9uZRL._AA160_.jpg
spending a few extra bucks on the lid is worth it. You get stiffer hinges so that the lid will stay in the up position and not act like a guillotine. When its useful life is over you can bring it to the FL Keyes and use it as a buoy marker as all the locals do.

Santa(my wife) purchased my 2 kids each an electric cat (even though we have 5 real cats) plus they each got a fury boom (which we had to put in a drawer already to shut them up)!

All I have been hearing this morning is meowing from the electric cats and crazy talking from the furbies! Best thing is our real cats are flipping out over the fake ones but our "slow" cat has been trying to get some morning xmas action!

Piece of arse and sweater. Both were two sizes too large.