Would Davis outplay Fabricio? | Syracusefan.com

Would Davis outplay Fabricio?

UnderHisOwnPower

Ask yourself, do I feel lucky?
If Drummond was beating him down the floor, then I could see Davis eating his lunch. Drummond is thicker/stronger than Davis, but Davis is a pogo stick, with freakish wing span. If Fab tries the shoulder drop or tries to body him he could get in foul trouble, and if Fab gets tired forget it. Fab slimmed down, but Davis is malnurished by comparison and that could help effect the foul calls.

You could bring in the Moose man to hack away, but Davis would own the middle and keep the scoring down.

I could see an epic defensive battle if they meet in the champ game, with scoring as low as the 50s. It will take hot shooting from either side to reach the 70s. Make it happen Orange, this game is destined to be legendary.

If we play Kentucky and Fab gets in foul trouble, we are toast. Davis can score, as can their whole front line. It would not be pretty with Fab on the bench.

We would have to click on all cylinders to beat UK in NOLA. Not saying we can't. And things can change. JB just might get everyone to step up their game a notch down this stretch, and that might be enough.

This is too funny. You are asking if the #1 overall pick will outplay our guy ???

I think it would be an upset of epic proportion if Melo outplayed the pretty much unanimous POY - Davis. If we play Kentucky we won't beat them because Melo outplayed Davis or held him in check. He'll get his and we'll have to beat them in other areas.

This is too funny. You are asking if the #1 overall pick will outplay our guy ???
I don't see why it's so funny. It would be one hell of a defensive battle down low, one that I have been hoping to see all year. Davis would be sealed out of the equation in my opinion. They would just collapse on him anytime Davis got the ball. Fab would get plenty of help down low, and 2 or 3 blocks on him. It would be up to UK's guards to hit their 3's.

I don't see why it's so funny. It would be one hell of a defensive battle down low, one that I have been hoping to see all year. Davis would be sealed out of the equation in my opinion. They would just collapse on him anytime Davis got the ball. Fab would get plenty of help down low, and 2 or 3 blocks on him. It would be up to UK's guards to hit their 3's.
Drummond is no Davis , and he ate Fab up inside. Now, I am not saying Fab would be embarrassed or that there would not be help for him. But, the title on the thread was "Would Davis out play Fabricio".

Yes, he would ...easily...

Davis is the #1 pick in the NBA draft in June...Fab is...not quite there yet. We would need to win in other areas.

They would give Melo like 2 possessions to defend him straight up before they started doubling him every time he touched it. Zones create a completely different set of issues for big men, and our guards are very good at denying the entry pass this year.

Drummond is no Davis , and he ate Fab up inside. Now, I am not saying Fab would be embarrassed or that there would not be help for him. But, the title on the thread was "Would Davis out play Fabricio".

Yes, he would ...easily...
I don't think he would easily out play him. Zone defense would eliminate most of the one on one.

Davis isn't exactly an offensive star; he isn't a guy like Sullinger who they just dump the ball into constantly. I do think he would outplay Fab; afterall, he is a better player, but I think it would more come from the defensive end.

Davis isn't exactly an offensive star; he isn't a guy like Sullinger who they just dump the ball into constantly. I do think he would outplay Fab; afterall, he is a better player, but I think it would more come from the defensive end.
That's what i was thinking. I think Davis would neutralize Fab on O, and the zone will neutralize Davis on O. I could see JB pulling Fab away from the basket to open things up, but Davis covers alot of ground. If Fab knocks down a couple jumpers, he could play him evenly in the boxscore, not sure we can get any lobs over him though.

Davis wouldn't take Fab away from the basket, like UK has done every single game this season to other teams that play M2M.

If Fab outplays Davis in the Championship game, he goes out lottery. We lose him. However, it ain't gonna happen.
Davis is terrific.
Now, if we can get him in foul trouble...

Unfortunately, Davis is only one part of the problem under the basket. It is compounded by the play of K-G, who in some ways is just as big a threat. Can Fab, KJo and CJ come out it alive might be a better question. A lot has to happen with our guards.

Drummond is considered the number two pick in the draft and he's lost to us twice. One player will not beat us. Davis has no low post game but dunking.

The key will be for Fab to hit a jumper to pull AD away from the basket. Otherwise he may block 20+ shots given our propensity to attack the rim.

It won't be Melo vs. Davis. It will be us vs. them. Reading the article in the paper today, I'm not sure how either team could score much in the half court set vs. the other. They don't have much of an outside game. We have an erratic one at best. Both teams have shot-blockers. Their point guard is turnover prone and we force turnovers. it would be an ugly game, IMO. I have nightmares about Dion trying his floaters and finger-roll with Davis in there. He's be like a waiter serving the ball to Mr. Unibrow.

I prefer to imagine Syracuse if Davis had come here.

Anthony Davis is - by far - the best player in the country.

If we have to worry about Fab playing him one-on-one there's almost no chance of beating Kentucky.
But that's why we have 4 other guys on the court and a 2-3 zone to pressure the ball and deny entry.
On defense...he'll get his blocks.
But we have to go at him and dish or draw fouls.

It's one game. And there's no reason we can't win it.

Define "outplay." We don't count on Fab to be a primary scorer--he anchors the pivot defensively, sets screens, takes up space on the boards, etc. -- all things that don't show up in the box score. And those are the main things that make him the team's MIP.

Just like Saturday, he can get outscored. He can get outrebounded. But his contributions are still integral to our success.

So if Davis outscores him and we get the win--who the F cares?

Don't think it'd be a matter of Fab outplaying him or not...as Davis, as others are pointing out, is a superior player. IF, though Fab can hit a 15 footer or two to make Davis come out to play him then the lane will open up for our drives. If we can get to the rim, with Davis there to swat everything away, then we've got a real shot. I'd love to see Davis running back to try and block and Fab receiving some alley oops. I wouldn't mind, either, if he stayed on Fab and KJ, Dion, CJ, et al have their way down low.

Define "outplay."

So if Davis outscores him and we get the win--who the F cares?
By outplay I really meant dominate, and should have phrased it that way. Obviously, if both just get their averages, AD has outplayed Fab. But can Fab do enough against him in the M2M to be that integral cog, ie pass from the high post, get some putbacks, and hit a jumper or 2. Not sure AD has seen any good big men this year, so it's an interesting matchup, 1 I hope we get to see, and I think Fab would deliver.

Im alittle critical but why start a thread like this?

Are you asking for a solution because the only one would be for Rak or Keita to get more minutes at the four? (which actually might not be a bad idea if Soutehrland is having a off day.) I still don't get why we haven't tried Keita there if Rak can give us 8 minutes a game at the 5 in a pinch.

I understand the facts and all but Fab is a projected first round pick center right now the head of our defense and it just seems odd to be questioning him. I just don't get why one would question Fab.

And this whole thing of Fab and foul trouble being our weakness. What if Davis gets in trouble for UK. What then??
Hes a skinny guy Fab could push his butt around all night down there. Davis is a good player but Fab is first round NBA. Why shouldn't Davis be considered more foul prone?

Optimism we got serious talent.

The most fun game I saw this year was the uconn game because the refs let them play. Hands down best game of the year.
It was like watching the NBA allstar game and coincidently was on the same weekend.

Syracuse if full of surprises.

Are you asking for a solution because the only one would be for Rak or Keita to get more minutes at the four? (which actually might not be a bad idea if Soutehrland is having a off day.) I still don't get why we haven't tried Keita there if Rak can give us 8 minutes a game at the 5 in a pinch.

I understand the facts and all but Fab is a projected first round pick center right now the head of our defense and it just seems odd to be questioning him. I just don't get why one would question Fab.

And this whole thing of Fab and foul trouble being our weakness. What if Davis gets in trouble for UK. What then??
Hes a skinny guy Fab could push his butt around all night down there. Davis is a good player but Fab is first round NBA. Why shouldn't Davis be considered more foul prone?

Optimism we got serious talent.

The most fun game I saw this year was the uconn game because the refs let them play. Hands down best game of the year.
It was like watching the NBA allstar game and coincidently was on the same weekend.

Syracuse if full of surprises.

I don't think anyone is degrading Fab. He has done a great job for us this year. But for you to intimate that Fab is as good or better than Davis, you are seriously underestimating Davis' talent. Davis will be the #1 pick in the draft and Fab, assuming he decides to go, will be no better than 15.
It's fun to talk about such a potential matchup with the two teams, but as others have indicated it's about two Teams. Our guards would have to bring their lunch buckets with them because they'll be the key to us beating UK if it ever happens.

I understand the facts and all but Fab is a projected first round pick center right now the head of our defense and it just seems odd to be questioning him. I just don't get why one would question Fab.. [/B]
I ask because I've grown tired of padding the resume at the expense of middling BE teams like puke on and louisville, lol. Not putting Fab down at all, but AD is that good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom