Would i be wrong if | Syracusefan.com

Would i be wrong if

Blaster

2nd String
Before i answer the topic thread i remember about a month ago when WVU was almost a lock to the SEC and Oliver luck was tooting his own horn. Then the fans on all the BE forums i check out went all crazy F' the BE were outa this S*&Thole. Bashing Cuse, PITT, and the rest of the BE. Some saying they would miss UC and Lville becouse they became such great rivals. Now i have always rooted for them cuz they have always played well and have been anchoring the BE while we have been down but.....

I really hope LSU puts 60 on them and they eat a bunch of humble pie

Before i answer the topic thread i remember about a month ago when WVU was almost a lock to the SEC and Oliver luck was tooting his own horn. Then the fans on all the BE forums i check out went all crazy F' the BE were outa this S*&Thole. Bashing Cuse, PITT, and the rest of the BE. Some saying they would miss UC and Lville becouse they became such great rivals. Now i have always rooted for them cuz they have always played well and have been anchoring the BE while we have been down but.....

Sorry. I have to feel for WV. They're not welcome anywhere except the BE. I will miss them more than any other former (boy it feels good to say that) conference mate. At least for FB.

Not me.

I'm hoping WVU pounds LSU.

I want the BE teams to do well and to prosper in the BE football league.

I respect WVU. It dates back to the game they gave us in 1987 for me. There have been few better games. The next few years, it killed me to get beat by Major Harris. The Graves incident raised the rivalry another notch. WVU had our number the last eight years or so, but I never have felt so good as I did last year after the win in Morgantown. I wanted that game more than any other. Afterward there was such satisfaction. I too will miss WVU. I hope TGD gets them back on the schedule, like the BC series that did not have time to pan out.

I feel bad for WVa - in fball they saved the Big East after it seemed that the AQ would be lost due to the defections by Miami, VaTech, and DC, by winning their Fiesta Bowl - I think it was Jan 2008. Salvaged the BE fball for a few more years.

Don't really care who wins the game. But I look forward to watching. I feel like Saturday is the Super Bowl of West Virginia football, everything could be downhill from here. They probably look at the entire day as their SEC audition.

I have a feeling that WVa will be the one BE team SU will continue to play every year as a non-conference opponent. Same with Pitt. The Schwartzwalder Trophy and The Backyard Brawl are traditions that can and should be continued. Hopefully they end up in the reconstituted Big 12. I have no issues with WVa.

Could the noise Luck was making have caused Pitt and Syracuse to contact the ACC?

Could the noise Luck was making have caused Pitt and Syracuse to contact the ACC?

I definitely think this is a possibility. Luck "oversold" WVU's position of strength in trying to get his way within the conference that Pitt and SU probably "blinked". Would love to know the full story behind this from both an ACC perspective and a Big East football schools perspective.

ND was seemingly caught unaware.

Cheers,
Neil

I really like WVU. They are like VPI without the misplaced pretension and arrogance. Their fans don't go around with the preening sense of moral superiority you get from the Nova crew. I'm going to miss them and hope they land in a good spot. They are a lot closer to the Pitts/UConns and SU's of the conference than anyone else.

i WILL MISS WV and want them with us. they are a big part of our history, and literally was the only bright spot in the big east for sometime. my history with them goes back before the big east, back to when the lambert trophy meant something, back to the early1960's. i hope they crush lsu, and i will be actively rooting for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom