Would Pitts brand of BBall work in the ACC? | Syracusefan.com

Would Pitts brand of BBall work in the ACC?

how many fouls a game would be called on them? against duke?

It would work in the sense that a lot of ACC teams couldn't handle the physical style. That said, you are probably correct in assuming that ACC refs would probably try to legislate a more gentlemanly/pussyball sort of game.

It's little things like that we will have to deal with for years, if this impossible dream comes true

It's little things like that we will have to deal with for years, if this impossible dream comes true

we will be Pitts best friend...'cause even though they out physical 'Cuse...we will be their greatest physical challenge...get out the ballet slippers..mean sneakers...Pitt and 'Cuse will dominate with physical force...if the force be with you

Came here to post similar...to me they are Big East hoops, physical, chippy...it's going to be funny watching them play UVa and Georgia Tech and absolutely beating the holy heck outta them.

Came here to post similar...to me they are Big East hoops, physical, chippy...it's going to be funny watching them play UVa and Georgia Tech and absolutely beating the holy heck outta them.

Nah, it'll be like every Pittsburgh second-round NCAA game - four Pitt players will foul out and they'll lose a 65-59 sort of game.

Chippy or not, Pitt is always tough, and prides themselves on playing in-your-face basketball, especially down low. Will definitely be interesting to see them go up vs. Duke, BC, VT etc.

Pitt beat Duke in MSG not too long ago so they will be successful in the ACC. I believe Pitt will be fine at home, but on the road against Maryland, North Carolina, or Duke they will get no calls and there bigs will foul out.

If ACC refs doesn't add Big East refs, Dixon will have to change his style a bit. Especially when they play at Duke and Carowhina.

Something else you need to understand, Duke and Carowhina play defense with their butts not their feet. Expect a lot of falling down rather than playing D.

Actually, Florida St. plays tough and physical M2M defense. At least the past few years they have. Good athletes too.

Actually, Florida St. plays tough and physical M2M defense. At least the past few years they have. Good athletes too.
That had a lot to do with one of their assistant in Coach Andy Enfield, He is now the HC at FGCU.
http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/enfield_andy00.html This page should tell you all you need to know about him.
Plus he is a great guy I have the privilege of being a manager with his staff this season.

It's always been interesting to speculate on how Pitt would do in a less "physical" league. Will they struggle? Will they dominate? I predict the difference will be, disappointingly to some, minimal.

Pitt's style is designed to take advantage of the "Big East" style of officiating. They always play better within the Big East than they do outside of the Big East. Look at how they perform in the tournament.

Either the ACC North (or whatever division they ultimately end up in) adopts a Big East style of play (because it will be filled with mostly if not all Big East teams) or Pitt will have to change how they play.

That had a lot to do with one of their assistant in Coach Andy Enfield, He is now the HC at FGCU.
http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/enfield_andy00.html This page should tell you all you need to know about him.
Plus he is a great guy I have the privilege of being a manager with his staff this season.

Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks. FSU was one of those teams that I did not want to face last year in the tourney. With our offensive ineptitude vs a good M2M team a la Marquette...disaster.

We'll be fine. We're nowhere near a Pitt/Louisville/UConn as far as being a rough physical team. Our style is much more ACC than Pitt's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom