Would we have lost this game last year? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Would we have lost this game last year?

didn't su play two similar level teams last year and beat them both by similar scores? and - correct me if i'm wrong - didn't they do it without buddy & eli?

The question is whether we would have lost this game if Battle went 1 for 10 and Howard sat.
What makes u think that Battle would have gone "only" 1 for 10? Sort of silly really. He might have did that in the first 10 minutes but then finished with 20 points making making it no contest.

The point of this exercise is to be reminded just how vulnerable we were last year. It happens that Battle can have a bad day. He went 1 for 10. He could have gone 2 for 20. Suppose Battle has a bad day and Howard is a medical out. In such circumstances, the lowliest of teams might have taken us down. Why is everyone in denial?

People are in denial that we could have lost.

We must assume that Howard Washington is playing point guard in this game, since, given the parameters, the hypothetical must have been played last year

I find it interesting that our exhibition game demonstrated just how vulnerable we were last year. A bad game from one of our big 3 and a medical from another, and we could have been toast to any old scrub team. Washington would have been playing point if this game were played last year and Howard was sitting. Suppose that Battle goes 1 for 10. We were a very vulnerable team. We were lucky that it turned out the way it did.

I find it interesting that our exhibition game demonstrated just how vulnerable we were last year. A bad game from one of our big 3 and a medical from another, and we could have been toast to any old scrub team. Washington would have been playing point if this game were played last year and Howard was sitting. Suppose that Battle goes 1 for 10. We were a very vulnerable team. We were lucky that it turned out the way it did.

Suppose Matt Moyer scores 18 points and Sidibe scores 10. Is it even a close game? Does St. Rose still score 49 points? Does Battle play much better if Washington plays point guard?Is the game plan even the same?

I mean Washington and Sidibe both scored in double figures last year against Southern New Hampshire in 25 and 20 minutes. They both may have done better if they were given more minutes.

Also Geno Thorpe had not quit yet.

I mean Washington and Sidibe both scored in double figures last year against Southern New Hampshire in 25 and 20 minutes. They both may have done better if they were given more minutes.

Also Geno Thorpe had not quit yet.

In general, I completely forgot about Thorpe, ha. Like with him having anything to do with SU basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom