Would you be surprised of Coleman averages ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Would you be surprised of Coleman averages ...

15 and 8 and Christmas averages 12 and 9? Also what are everyone's expectations for them? I definitely think they can produce those numbers. There is also a reason why I'm using those exact stats.
That's FF good

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

The only one of your numbers I would buy is Coleman's rebounds, and that is based on the belief that he can do it out of instinct rather than experience.

I think between 7-9 ppg and 5-7 rpg is what's probably most realistic from those two. And that wouldn't be bad necessarily.

I'd be pretty excited to see Coleman average 8rpg.

Hey, he was a Mickey Dees and he's built like a brick shithouse. I think he'll hit that number.

this squad - especially the front line - is very deep, and that is going to put a limit on both minutes and touches for both of them. So, it's not so much a skill thing as a math thing.

RAK
there are going to be occasions when he has a clear mismatch and is hot and scores in bunches, but for the most part, Rak is going to the the 5th option when he is on the court (this is a reflection of how offensively skilled his teammates are, not a commentary on his own skills). I would think in BE play he's going to average 5 or 6 points per game to go with 7 or 8 boards

DC2
As with Rak, there will be times when he just has his way with overmatched opponents, but even 12 and 8 seems like a reach. This will be the third year in a row that SU has brought in a McD AA center, and neither of the other two topped 3 and 3. In fact, you have to go back almost 20 years to find a freshman SU center who topped 5 and 5 (Otis Hill in 93-94 put up 7.9 and 5.6). Of course, we all believe that Coleman is more offensive skilled than any freshman center since that time. I think 12 and 8 is within the realm of possibility, if he gets the minutes (Arinze put up 12 and 8 in 30 minutes per game as a sophomore, but that was his 3rd season with the Orange, not his first), but I think 8 to 9 points and 6 to 8 boards is the more likely range.

Yeah, but one guy was fat, and the other guy was playing out of position. Coleman will be neither of those. I am probably on the high side with my projection for Coleman, but I think he's going to be very, very good. I think Coleman as a sophomore Arinze is within the realm of possibility.

I expect 12/8.5 for DC and 4/5 out of Rak. Not sold on Xmas yet, he has to be way more aggressive. I hope he comes to play all the time.

Tristy...welcome back...will you root for Triche this year?

i root for the team. and that the best 5 should play.

i am not into this thing wwhere locals support locals and rip on everyone else who stands in their way.

i root for the team. and that the best 5 should play.

i am not into this thing wwhere locals support locals and rip on everyone else who stands in there way.
Tristy...I am not a local...down here in either Raleigh or Miami dependent on business--and other places. I just think that Triche has been one of the top 5 and will be the team leader this year...more importantly, I am a 'Cuse guy and if Triche does not perform...he rides the pine.

15 and 8 and Christmas averages 12 and 9? Also what are everyone's expectations for them? I definitely think they can produce those numbers. There is also a reason why I'm using those exact stats.

Coleman's numbers are going to be determined in large part by how much the refs let him use his bulk. There are only two players listed as heavier than his 275 lbs in the league, and only two others listed also at 275 lbs. The vast majority of players are going to be smaller than him, and how well he is allowed to use his bulk to create space will determine his effectiveness. Some games he will be in foul trouble quickly, and not create much. Some games he will be allowed to throw his weight around and dominate an outmatched player. The proportions of the types of games will determine his averages. I would be happy with 10 and 5 and anything less than 5 times fouling out.

If I had to bet on either Christmas or Coleman averaging 15 and 8, I would bet on Christmas. Playing power forward will free him for rebounds in a way our centers never get the chance, both on offense and defense. I also think Christmas will be more effective on the break, where our post players normally get most of their points. We have had very few big men through the years who are back to the basket isolation scorers. I don't see why Coleman will become our next one in his freshman year. Maybe by the time he is a sophomore.

I wouldn't be surprised by Coleman hitting the number in the OP, but I don't expect it to happen. I wouldn't be surprised by Rak hitting the numbers in the OP, but I wouldnt expect it. I WOULD be surprised to see both of them hit those numbers, especially in rebounds because of the zone. If they have good conditioning and stay out of foul trouble they could see plenty of playing time. I think Coleman could be a big offensive threat as most of the team are perimeter scorers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom