Would you rather lose in the NCAA tournament in our first game, or win the NIT | Syracusefan.com

Would you rather lose in the NCAA tournament in our first game, or win the NIT

Which result would you rather?

• Lose our first game in the NCAA tournament

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • Win the NIT

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jetsqb101

Walk On
This is a hypothetical question, I'm not trying to suggest that this team is fated for either outcome but I'm interested in which one would be preferred by the fans on here.

Hate both options, but one and done in the NCAA. The NIT is a national joke. The teams in the NIT outside of the #1 seeds are usually bad and have been worse in recent years.

If I am Syracuse University? Is this a serious question? Make the tournament. It isn't 1947 anymore.

If I'm Oral Roberts and a projected 15 seed? I think I'll take the NIT

if we had a young team to develop for a run next year i'd say NIT. we don't. talent is gone. NCAA.

This is a hypothetical question, I'm not trying to suggest that this team is fated for either outcome but I'm interested in which one would be preferred by the fans on here.

No offense, but this is just, IMO, a silly question that I'll answer with another question: without looking it up, who won the NIT last year?

Dumbest question ever. Yeah... I'd rather win the consolation tournament. Not!

If I am Syracuse University? Is this a serious question? Make the tournament. It isn't 1947 anymore.

If I'm Oral Roberts and a projected 15 seed? I think I'll take the NIT

I don't know even if my team was 15 seed I'd want to see us may have up with a Kansas or Arizona. Opportunity doesn't present itself that often for teams of that caliber.

It's a silly question.

I'd rather the entire team work as ushers at an NCAA tournament game than play in the NIT. Of course, that would probably be an impermissible benefit or something in the NCAA's eyes.

I don't know even if my team was 15 seed I'd want to see us may have up with a Kansas or Arizona. Opportunity doesn't present itself that often for teams of that caliber.

It's a silly question.

Haha okay 16 seed

What everyone else said and will say

If your a 16 you have a chance to make history, much better than being in the not important tournament.

For the school though if you are guaranteeing I win the NIT there is more money there. Currently the 16 seeds are 0 and forever lol

To clarify, the question isn't go into the tournament and probably lose the first game, it's go into the tournament and lose the first game. I understand that for many of you this result is still far better than the alternative posed, and I don't mean to suggest that you're wrong for holding that belief, but I don't appreciate being treated with hostility by some for asking.

To clarify, the question isn't go into the tournament and probably lose the first game, it's go into the tournament and lose the first game. I understand that for many of you this result is still far better than the alternative posed, and I don't mean to suggest that you're wrong for holding that belief, but I don't appreciate being treated with hostility by some for asking.
I think everyone is saying they would sign on immediately to go to the NCAA and lose the 1st game as opposed to winning the NIT.

I have a feeling there are VERY few (1?) people who would want to win the NIT if the only other option was to lose their first game in the NCAA.

I think everyone is saying they would sign on immediately to go to the NCAA and lose the 1st game as opposed to winning the NIT.

I have a feeling there are VERY few (1?) people who would want to win the NIT if the only other option was to lose their first game in the NCAA.

I agree that most people are answering the question correctly as posed, but I wanted to clarify because some discussion at the end of the first page was drifting towards the potential of cinderella teams to pull off an upset. That point in the context of this question would only support that being in the tournament would be better in order to prove that you weren't a Cinderella team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom