Would you rather lose in the NCAA tournament in our first game, or win the NIT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Would you rather lose in the NCAA tournament in our first game, or win the NIT

Which result would you rather?

• Lose our first game in the NCAA tournament

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • Win the NIT

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To clarify, the question isn't go into the tournament and probably lose the first game, it's go into the tournament and lose the first game. I understand that for many of you this result is still far better than the alternative posed, and I don't mean to suggest that you're wrong for holding that belief, but I don't appreciate being treated with hostility by some for asking.

Its nothing against you, for some reason this question gets asked a million times, and its always an absurd one.

The 2 people who voted for the NIT better be joking like all Grotto's posts.
Who the hell cares about NIT titles.

Would I rather go 0-4 with 2 Ks or sit on the bench and not play? Hmmm

Would the Jets rather have Aaron Rodgers as their QB and lose in the playoffs or have Geno Smith and go 4-12?

I'll bite. NIT, rather see more games...and wins. Its a good feeling. Just keep it going, one more game. That's my mantra come tourney time. Its entertainment. Would still enjoy the NCAA too.

Its nothing against you, for some reason this question gets asked a million times, and its always an absurd one.

My apologies, I didn't know about it being asked before. And thanks for the reassurance, I don't take the responses personally but I hate when people act vitriolic, especially on the internet.

No brainer for me as well but just food for thought - there's the "I told you so" aspect to deal with. Make the Dance and lose and all of your non-'Cuse friends say ITYS, they didn't deserve it. Win NIT and we say ITYS, should've been in the Dance. Still, no brainer - Dancin' every time...

I'll bite. NIT, rather see more games...and wins. Its a good feeling. Just keep it going, one more game. That's my mantra come tourney time. Its entertainment. Would still enjoy the NCAA too.

Thanks for expressing your opinion, I don't think it's an outlandish one to hold

The Nit would be fine for a team like Georgia Tech, they have a first year coach, young team, had zero expectations going into the season, that would be a nice year for them. This team was in the Final Four last year, have 4 seniors on the roster, have a hof coach that is near retirement, had big expectations,it would be a huge disappointment.

What about losing a Tuesday play in game vs winning the NIT?

I don't really consider the play in games to be the real tournament, does anyone else?

What about losing a Tuesday play in game vs winning the NIT?

I don't really consider the play in games to be the real tournament, does anyone else?
Get ready for Jamie Dixon next Tuesday/Wednesday in Dayton.

I lose a bit of interest in the NCAA Tourney if we don't make it. Which makes me ever more sad! And I WAS ALREADY SAD!!!

Where is TCU on the current bracket matrix? I don't even see them...

Back in 1981, Syracuse had a nice run in the NIT. Syracuse won the first ever Big East tournament that year which was held in the Carrier Dome, but there was no automatic bid back then.

The NCAA tournament was only 48 teams, so there were some good teams in the NIT. Syracuse beat Marquette, Holy Cross, Michigan, and Purdue on the way to the final which we lost to Tulsa. Tulsa was coached by Nolan Richardson and had Paul Pressey.

The quality of the NIT was much higher then. The previous year's winner was Virginia with Ralph Sampson. The year before that it was Indiana. When the NCAA went to 64 teams, that pretty much diluted the quality of the tournament.

If this were 35 years ago, I'd vote for a long in the NIT, but now I'd take the Big Dance every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom