Would you rather... | Syracusefan.com

Would you rather...

Eric15

Living Legend
Win the rest of our regular season games, and then get bounced in the quarterfinals of the ACCT, or go 2-1 in our final 3 regular season games and win the ACCT.

win the acc tourney - would prove the team has worked through its issues and is ready to make a run

Either way we get a #1 seed but I guess the latter because it means we would beat Duke again.
Winner winner chicken dinner. As long as we get MSG I don't care. I think winning our last three would clinch us MSG if Kansas or Wichita State have lost 1 game by then.

Either way we get a #1 seed but I guess the latter because it means we would beat Duke again.

I think it would be amazing if we won @ UVa, won at home against GT (CJ and Baye's senior night), lost @ FSU, and then won the ACC Tournament. Winning the ACC Tournament in the first year in the new league would be really special. Not to mention winning the conference tournament means we'd beat some good teams over the course of three days.

Edit: In this scenario we'd finish the season 31-3, ACC Tournament champions, and most likely have beaten some combination of Duke/UVa/UNC to win the ACCT. That's a #1 overall resume.

I think I'd take the ACCT as well but its close. I think the committee would give slightly more weight to the ACCT victory because it would mean more quality wins on a neutral court.

Last edited:
Win the rest of our regular season games, and then get bounced in the quarterfinals of the ACCT, or go 2-1 in our final 3 regular season games and win the ACCT.
I'd definitely go with going 2-1 and then winning the ACCT. Winning the ACCT in our first year, and as Marsh said, most likely beating Duke/UNC/Virginia again would be awesome. We would most likely lose out on the ACC regular season title. But, I'd rather finish a game or two back in the ACC regular season and then win the ACC tournament.

Tournament week is awesome in general, but if we won on Sunday, that would be fantastic.

I know posters have differing views on conference tourneys; some take them extremely seriously, and others just want to escape without any injuries.

I know posters have differing views on conference tourneys; some take them extremely seriously, and others just want to escape without any injuries.

I think the ACCT means more at this point considering the unbalanced schedules.

BTW worst 'Would you rather' post ever. They usually include pictures of attractive ladies and not basketball scenarios.

just want to point out 1 possible advantage to losing acct is getting an extra day off... keep in mind the game is now in North Carolina and the final is now on Sunday.

That's extra travel and 1 less day.

That being said... I want to win all the games. It has been proven without a doubt that teams can win championships after winning 5 games in 5 days.

LETS GO

Up to the OP's question, I really didn't care about the ACC tournament. I want the #1 seed in the East. Winning the ACC tournament would be nice.

The first one, its much harder winning a regular season title than it it is winning three games in three days, especially when you play duke and pitt twice, and have to play at uva. Plus it would give us some time to rest of the tourney.

just want to point out 1 possible advantage to losing acct is getting an extra day off... keep in mind the game is now in North Carolina and the final is now on Sunday.

That's extra travel and 1 less day.

That being said... I want to win all the games. It has been proven without a doubt that teams can win championships after winning 5 games in 5 days.

LETS GO

Counter-point to that is that the travel to Buffalo for the 1st weekend of the NCAA Tournament isn't like flying cross-country last year. ACC Title game would mean team is back in Cuse on Sunday night. Head to Buffalo on Tues/Wed afternoon (forget when those games are)

just want to point out 1 possible advantage to losing acct is getting an extra day off...

Speaking of days off, Wichita State has a very strange end of the season...

Their only remaining conference game is this Saturday, March 1. After that they won't play until the second day of their conference tournament, March 7. To win the MVC tournament they'd play games on March 7, 8, and 9. For comparison, Syracuse plays their last conference game on March 9th and the ACC Tournament championship game is on March 16!

If Wichita State gets a #1 seed in the Midwest, they'd have a stretch from 3/9 to 3/21 between games.

Win the next three and dropping the first game in the ACC Tournament gives you about a week to rest-up. A week would be great for Keita and Grant.

ACCT champ game is on Sunday , ends usually 2 or 3 hours before Selection Sunday, I would hope the committee knows the #1s by then.

Both are equally the same for me.

But, imo the big dance is the one that matters not the acc tournament if the difference is winning it all vs making the final four give me the one that wins it all.

If we have to play Duke in Carolina in the ACCT (which I think we all assume is likely) we won't win that game. Since i want 1 ACC victory, I want to win teh regular season, that way no matter what happens in the tourney we are ACC Champs.

If we have to play Duke in Carolina in the ACCT (which I think we all assume is likely) we won't win that game. Since i want 1 ACC victory, I want to win teh regular season, that way no matter what happens in the tourney we are ACC Champs.

I disagree, I want Duke in Greensboro. I think we beat them the next time.

go 2-1 with a win vs. UVA then hope they get beat once more so we can claim the regular season title, and the ACCT title, all while getting the #1 seed :)

Why is it always either or, why not "and?" Cuse wins its last reg games "and" the ACCT, and then maybe another "and" after that would be great.

go 2-1 with a win vs. UVA then hope they get beat once more so we can claim the regular season title, and the ACCT title, all while getting the #1 seed :)

If forced to choose, that was exactly what I was going to post. I understand the whole 2 extra days of rest, but UConn played more games and won the BET and NCAA title. I hope Cuse fans arent saying we can't at least almost do as well as UConn did. Plus I'd like better than a split with Duke and just 1 win over UNC this season, being they have the #1 and #3 recruiting classes in the nation next season. And this scenario still at least gives us a chance to win the regular season title(although it technically doesn't exist) and win the tournament. I think that choice may be more divisive than the current one has been so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom