- Other
All of the above

- The worst title game you've ever seen
- The worst FF game you've ever seen
- The worst NCAAT game you've ever seen
- The worst D-1 game you've ever seen
- I gouged my eyes out
- Other

The most dominating defensive performance ever in a championship game.

"Lamb's ball-screen defense was exceptional, and on top of that, my chart has him down for one block, one steal and four contested shots. Backup point guard Shabazz Napier, whom UConn coach Jim Calhoun called "one of the greatest defenders I've ever seen for a freshman," was responsible for the pressure on Butler's point guards that disrupted the offensive flow. Napier also contested four shots and forced one turnover. Smith was perhaps the best of all: I credited him with four blocks, six contested shots and one forced turnover"

Last edited:
Whats better then listening to Kemba shout Oh S$it every time he drives to the basket?
Epic championship rivalry.

For the record, it was one of the worst tourney games I have ever watched in any round. For a final, it was so god awful it brought tears to my eyes. That's equally on Butler though. They got a championship though, and only super die-hard college hoop fans will ever remember what a **** game it was. So, I'd take it.

Even if it was us though that won it, not sure I could re-watch it. It was that bad.

Kind of like a lot of our games this year, tbh. :)

Funny, I didn't watch the game and had forgotten that they played it, so I had to look it up. First paragraph of the ESPN write up is this:

HOUSTON -- The rims were tight, the shots weren't falling and points were at a premium -- surely one of the ugliest championships played on college basketball's biggest stage.

So I select a new option: 'Worst NC game that I didn't watch and I am so damn happy I didn't'.

Butler getting to the second title game and UConn winning their last two are inexplicable - I guess lightning does strike twice in some instances.

- I gouged my eyes out
- Other

The most dominating defensive performance ever in a championship game.

"Lamb's ball-screen defense was exceptional, and on top of that, my chart has him down for one block, one steal and four contested shots. Backup point guard Shabazz Napier, whom UConn coach Jim Calhoun called "one of the greatest defenders I've ever seen for a freshman," was responsible for the pressure on Butler's point guards that disrupted the offensive flow. Napier also contested four shots and forced one turnover. Smith was perhaps the best of all: I credited him with four blocks, six contested shots and one forced turnover"

:crazy: even as a syracuse fan i can say that winning the texas bowl vs minnesota this year was no big deal.

i hope you as a uconn fan can legitmately say that that national title isnt worth the free internet article it was written on. the title game set the college game back years.

butler made 3 (three) 2 point shots.

and led by 3 at the half. think about that... they made at most 3 two point shots in the 1st half and were winning. more than likely they made 0, 1 or 2 two point shots and were up 3!!!

the 2nd worst made 2 point shots in a national title was 9!

that's not defense. that's pure terrible offense.

butler made 3 (three) 2 point shots.

and led by 3 at the half. think about that... they made at most 3 two point shots in the 1st half and were winning. more than likely they made 0, 1 or 2 two point shots and were up 3!!!

the 2nd worst made 2 point shots in a national title was 9!

that's not defense. that's pure terrible offense.

That team was 25-0 OOC that year.

That's an incredible accomplishment

yet they were the 1st game in the BET from not making the tournament.

I hope we never win such a crappy national championship. That would be embarrassing. Almost as embarrassing as mocking a program constantly that has accomplished a lot more then we have over the last 5 years. And spare me the elite 8 and final 4. Nothing beats championships.

Game was absolutely atrocious.

Seriously, you're the biggest clown I've seen on this board, and THAT is an incredible accomplishment.

I can't figure out why ESPN Classic isn't showing that game on a continuous loop. Just imagine the ratings!

yet they were the 1st game in the BET from not making the tournament.

False. They were 21-9 with a top-5 SOS and wins over Kentucky, Texas, Michigan State, Wichita State, and Tennessee. They could have lost the Tuesday BET game to DePaul and still gotten in comfortably.

- I gouged my eyes out
- Other

Toga I've always liked you as a poster so this is nothing personal... but this thread succckkkkkkks.

Without checking, I don't think the "25-0 out of conference" claim holds water - the math doesn't work.

They played a maximum of 40 games. At least 18 Big East games (with maybe four more in New York). And 25 games out of conference? I'm thinking there can't have been more than 19 (13 during the fall and 6 in the tournament).

For me, wasn't even worth watching.

Under normal circumstances I'd be pretty excited about a championship game, but not that one.

Calhoun's a great coach, but championships are supposed to involve great teams. I had too much of a bad taste in my mouth with Butler, and UCONN, well...

Obviously, it goes to show what a great player, particularly a great guard, can mean for a team in the NCAA tournament.

Nobody wants to take the low road, but I don't mind it - that championship game sucked. Boring basketball with boring teams.

Now I get to make my "Brad Stevens can't win the big one" joke, so there is that.

Without checking, I don't think the "25-0 out of conference" claim holds water - the math doesn't work.

They played a maximum of 40 games. At least 18 Big East games (with maybe four more in New York). And 25 games out of conference? I'm thinking there can't have been more than 19 (13 during the fall and 6 in the tournament).

The real number was 17-0 out of conference. 12-0 in the regular season and 5-0 in the NCAA tournament (one game was against Cincy).

The real number was 17-0 out of conference. 12-0 in the regular season and 5-0 in the NCAA tournament (one game was against Cincy).

Just shows you how awesome the Big East was...I absolutely loved playing about 10 of the teams. Basketball in the NE will not be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom