Wouldn't it just be perfect | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wouldn't it just be perfect

I do. I just don't believe they ever live up to the hype. Nor do they deserve a 1 seed playing no one.

They went 6-0 vs top 25, including 4 neutral court wins and 1 road win. They went 12-1 vs top 100.

They clearly deserved the #1 seed under the body of work concept. But realistically it does hurt them not being able to play quality teams after January so they are a #1 seed you want to be against.

I still have no idea why people hate them or want to see them lose so much more than other teams especially the 4 blue teams.

Yeah, that's probably not gonna happen.

Still think its weird that while the mens side that's dominated by parity has never had it happen, a sixteen seed actually got a win in the womens game.

South Dakota is dreadful, another 16 seed might have a chance to pull off the upset.

That's what #16 seeds are. Another one would have not done any better. They are either regular season champs of the worst few conferences or bad teams that got lucky in the last few weekends.

i doubt sdk st shot this poorly most games this yr or they dont here. the rest of the game they were ok on D

They went 6-0 vs top 25, including 4 neutral court wins and 1 road win. They went 12-1 vs top 100.

They clearly deserved the #1 seed under the body of work concept. But realistically it does hurt them not being able to play quality teams after January so they are a #1 seed you want to be against.

I still have no idea why people hate them or want to see them lose so much more than other teams especially the 4 blue teams.

I'm assuming you're counting those three wins against St. Mary's as 3 of those wins vs top 25. They're even more overrated...

Yeah, that's probably not gonna happen.

Still think its weird that while the mens side that's dominated by parity has never had it happen, a sixteen seed actually got a win in the womens game.

I think part of it is that there is generally a sizable difference between #15 and #16 seeds

In terms of KP the #16 seeds are - 184,209,212,216 = 205 avg

The #15 seeds are 134,148, 156,167 = 151 avg

On a neutral court a 15 seed this year. is about 3.5 points better than a 16 seed. It has been higher in the past.

I'm assuming you're counting those three wins against St. Mary's as 3 of those wins vs top 25. They're even more overrated...

Indeed. I forgot that Syracuse would go 21-0 in that conference, and also only lose 1 game all year.

its not so much them (although Few is a $#%&-nob) its the following of people who love to tell the world that they got them going deep...again...and their overall ignorance and obnoxiousness about it.

they fail to realize that gonzaga is an absolutely HORRIBLE tournament team.

they basically always get knocked out this weekend and when they make it to the 2nd thurs/fri...only once have they seen the weekend.

I expect vandy/northwestern to give them a run for their $$$...

I asked the Duke fan in my office if she would rather win the title this year or have UNC lose tomorrow. She chose the latter, lol. I understand though. Took us a long time to live down that loss to #15 Richmond.

its not so much them (although Few is a $#%&-nob) its the following of people who love to tell the world that they got them going deep...again...and their overall ignorance and obnoxiousness about it.

they fail to realize that gonzaga is an absolutely HORRIBLE tournament team.

they basically always get knocked out this weekend and when they make it to the 2nd thurs/fri...only once have they seen the weekend.

I expect vandy/northwestern to give them a run for their $$$...

I am not saying they are going deep. All I am saying is they deserved the #1 seed under the current parameters.

Would like to know what the issue is with Few? Never heard anything bad about him. Not saying he isn't a knob just never heard it.

Indeed. I forgot that Syracuse would go 21-0 in that conference, and also only lose 1 game all year.
Please don't think I'm comparing them to us. But I do think UNC would have that ability. Or Duke. Or Louisville

...We were the pioneers on a #2 losing to a #15...
That was another missed t-shirt opportunity.
Syracuse Basketball: Making the incredible happen

As long as it's not Syracuse, I don't care who it is. And every year we're not a #1, I hope that's the year one of them falls.

We were the pioneers on a #2 losing to a #15, and few things in sports were as terrible.

I had a bad feeling before that Richmond game. The team was clearly distracted by the stories that had just broken about NCAA violations (I remember the back page NY Post headline, "Syracused!"). They had a first round exit in the BE Tourney as the number 1 seed, and just looked out of it. No matter, it was brutal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom