Wow, a fan was struck by lightening at the WVU game | Syracusefan.com

Wow, a fan was struck by lightening at the WVU game

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Did not evacuate. ESPN has film of the lightening striking the stadium but not the specific fan. Game again delayed and weather is suppose to be bad for another 3 hours but Marshall won't cry uncle.

He was too drunk to walk ... welcome to morgantown beer sales

Did not evacuate. ESPN has film of the lightening striking the stadium but not the specific fan. Game again delayed and weather is suppose to be bad for another 3 hours but Marshall won't cry uncle.

Fan was hit @ 6PM, fairly shortly after the first delay started. If I was the Marshall AD I would be trying to parlay this into a long term extension of the series in order to call the game here, and telling Luck that without it the game is a no contest. You know WVU wants to end this series and never really wanted it started, so Marshall needs to use this as leverage to get the series extended for, say, 10 more years.

Fan was hit @ 6PM, fairly shortly after the first delay started. If I was the Marshall AD I would be trying to parlay this into a long term extension of the series in order to call the game here, and telling Luck that without it the game is a no contest. You know WVU wants to end this series and never really wanted it started, so Marshall needs to use this as leverage to get the series extended for, say, 10 more years.

Heck, why not try and work 9/11 in there too? :crazy:

Heck, why not try and work 9/11 in there too? :crazy:

Because if I'm the Marshall AD 9/11 won't get me what I'm looking for, which is an extention to the series with WVU. Not sure why that is so hard to grasp, like a lot of business decisions you need to take advantage of your opportunities and accept you're going to look like a cold, heartless bas**** in order to get what you want (and in this case what is in the best interest of Marshall).

Because if I'm the Marshall AD 9/11 won't get me what I'm looking for, which is an extention to the series with WVU. Not sure why that is so hard to grasp, like a lot of business decisions you need to take advantage of your opportunities and accept you're going to look like a cold, heartless bas**** in order to get what you want (and in this case what is in the best interest of Marshall).

Clarifying - I shouldn't have left the note about the fan getting hit as the opening sentence, that had nothing to do with my negotiating position as Marshall AD

Police: Stadium Struck by Lighnting, Not Fan
Posted Sunday, September 4, 2011 ; 10:13 PM

The state police issued a statement on the rumors of a fan being struck during the Friends of Coal Bowl.
MORGANTOWN -- Sgt. James Merrill of the West Virginia State Police issued a statement on the rumor that a fan was hit by lightning during the delay of the Friends of Coal Bowl.
The statement said there was a lightning strike outside of Milan Puskar Stadium but they are not aware of anyone being hit.
EMS and State Police were sent to the scene but found no one to be hit.
The game between WVU and Marshall, was delayed because of lightning within a six mile radius of the stadium.
During these delays, fans are asked to leave the stadium and as well as players and staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom