Wow! Congratulations | Syracusefan.com

Wow! Congratulations

Garrett_TD23

Walk On
I figured before the start of the season SU with a complete team could be pretty good, I did not count on Hunt getting hurt (again), but lot's of young talent stepping up. After watching SU destroy RI, I've been telling people on my home message board that SU is going to surprise people this season.

Wake Forest actually has a decent defense and their offense is miles ahead of last year, SU beat a solid team. So again, congrats.

I figured before the start of the season SU with a complete team could be pretty good, I did not count on Hunt getting hurt (again), but lot's of young talent stepping up. After watching SU destroy RI, I've been telling people on my home message board that SU is going to surprise people this season.

Wake Forest actually has a decent defense and their offense is miles ahead of last year, SU beat a solid team. So again, congrats.
Your QB made me think of Drew Breed. He is a good one

NCState will be in for a rude awakening from both Wake and Syracuse. BC and Pitt already know better. Louisville looks they are not playing good defense. Wolford is a very good QB and if his line could protect him, he would be far more dangerous.

Wolford was definitely very good today. I really thought he was dismantling the Syracuse secondary, & I was right. Too bad for Wake, Dungey figured out he was pretty good at division 1 football in the 4th quarter.

Good game line play was the difference in this game. I f we had a solid line things could have went differently the more experienced team won and we will get you next year we lose like 2 people.

Good game line play was the difference in this game. I f we had a solid line things could have went differently the more experienced team won and we will get you next year we lose like 2 people.
We also lose a couple and our young guys are better

We also lose a couple and our young guys are better

To soon to tell as I think we fairly dominated 3/4ths the game. The dome, momentum, sucky OL ok your OL is better, and stupid freshman wr cost us the game.

Good luck the rest of the year, even though your coach is a douche.

Nah he is not so bad just coaches with some fire after 12 years of stonewall no emotion Grobe on the sideline it is refreshing.

thanks for stopping by. the game was closer that I thought it would be and Wake played tougher

good luck the rest of the way, and if there is one important thing you can take back to your board, it is that every parent there, especially those with young children, should immediately join www.FriendsForParents.com (its a FREE site). One of you should also start a WF Fan group in there.

I said at the tailgate that we would win by three scores. It was three scores, a TD and two FGs.

It SHOULD have been 3 TD's - that last TD run by Dungey was amazing, and he never stepped out of bounds.
Classic "breaking the plane of the goal line w/ that ball" situation.
At worst, it should have been spotted at the 2 inch line or something, since he did NOT go out of bounds at the 2.

Good luck to Wake the rest of the way! They seem much-improved this year.
Wolford is a solid QB when he gets a little time, and it seems like the young skill players can all make plays.

To soon to tell as I think we fairly dominated 3/4ths the game. The dome, momentum, sucky OL ok your OL is better, and stupid freshman wr cost us the game.

This is BONK. Wake had 280 yards the first half. and 134 yards the second half. But, even if you did dominate three quarters of the game. You didnt dominate the right quarter.

The kid took a beating today and kept answering the bell. I think it started to affect him in the 2nd half though. At one point he was like 22/25.

Which means he finished on and 8/20 slide.

Your lines both actually played better than I thought. I think our depth on the dline was the difference as the game wore on.

Your qb was as good as advertised until we started getting constant pressure. Your lb group is pretty exceptional as well which was expected. Your OC also hit on some very smart play calls in the first half which could've given you a bigger lead at half.

Will be interesting to see what next year becomes as we only lose a few guys in our 2 deep on defense. Hopefully both squads get some more wins before this season is done to change some perspectives of the programs. Yesterday looked like a game between two decent teams moreso than it did a battle of basement dwellars for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom