wow. Cronin is an | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

wow. Cronin is an

I guess i did miss them. I'll be a dissident and say I will miss the Big East and the rivalries, even if that makes me an alleged minority.

What rivalries? You mean the basketball ones, right? Yes, the all-sports SU fans will miss some of those - UConn, St. John's, G'Town, and Nova. But there is another major sport that SU plays called football.

If you haven't noticed the football part of the conference has two teams remaining - Rutgers and the evicted, soon to return Temple Owls. We won't be missing playing those teams since our main football rivals, except for PSU are in the ACC or wanted to be in the ACC but didn't have the academics to make it.

Cheers,
Neil

What a cheap shot at the end. Talking about how the BET is the best and he doesn't know how any college would want to leave the big east. After his thug team causes a brawl earlier in the year he has the nerve to make that comment.

Seems like a dick comment to make
Ok, a couple things. First I agree it was a dick comment. But Cronin is a little jock sniffing dick so it didn't suprise me. But his "thug team" did NOT cause any brawl, they finished it. That brawl was all about Xavier's self proclaimed "gangsta's" coming to UC's bench and running their mouths all night. Gates and most of the rest of UC's starters were on their own bench while Xavier's starters were still in the game up 20+ points and under a minute to play. Kenny Frease was basically charging Gates while Gates was backing up, Frease got too close and Yancy dropped him. UC and Gates manned up accepted responsibility and took their punishment. Xavier has yet to do that. If you're going to call someone out for something at least know the facts.

It's the same as if JB said "It's a great conference, but they really pay better in other conferences." The BE has rivalries, tradition and a great conference tourney and the ACC has more cash and higher profile teams to play against. It's what each conference thrives on. It is what it is.

What a cheap shot at the end. Talking about how the BET is the best and he doesn't know how any college would want to leave the big east. After his thug team causes a brawl earlier in the year he has the nerve to make that comment.

Seems like a dick comment to make

He's sticking up for the conference he will be leaving this year when he bolts to Illinois.

He is just like the coach he is facing tomorrow. Talk a big game about not leaving the conference while your university is openly shopping itself to the big 12.

If Mark Gottfried beats Carolina tomorrow and in all his exuberance says the ACC Tourney is the greatest tourney in the world, what would be the reaction?

Ok, a couple things. First I agree it was a dick comment. But Cronin is a little jock sniffing dick so it didn't suprise me. But his "thug team" did NOT cause any brawl, they finished it. That brawl was all about Xavier's self proclaimed "gangsta's" coming to UC's bench and running their mouths all night. Gates and most of the rest of UC's starters were on their own bench while Xavier's starters were still in the game up 20+ points and under a minute to play. Kenny Frease was basically charging Gates while Gates was backing up, Frease got too close and Yancy dropped him. UC and Gates manned up accepted responsibility and took their punishment. Xavier has yet to do that. If you're going to call someone out for something at least know the facts.

Thanks for chiming in CiC. This is so correct. I really do think it is funny how EVERYBODY here hates Mick Cronin though. I have yet to find a Cincinnati fan that likes their basketball coach.

We're defending a decision we had no part in and likely wouldn't have made. JB isn't happy either. Cronin was a jerk, because it wasn't JB who made that decision.

Do you follow Syracuse football, or are you a hoops only fan? Not asking if you'll watch the Orange Bowl when Syracuse wins the ACC (casual fan), asking if you watch most of the games every year (die-hard fan).

I agree. I dont see how that was an remark. Hes sticking up for his conference...and hes right. The big east is the best conference. The only reason teams are leaving is due to football. The BET really is something else and doesnt compare to any other conference tourneys.

There's nothing wrong with what he said, but the timing of his comment is why it was a dick move. He says it after his team beats SU. Not very classy.

Both he and Pitino need to remember that their schools are as good as gone if the BIg 12 comes calling. They can stand up for 'their conference' all they want. In the end, they will be the hypocrites and made to look like asses. I would pay money to sit in on those pressers and ask them questions after they bolt.

Thanks for chiming in CiC. This is so correct. I really do think it is funny how EVERYBODY here hates Mick Cronin though. I have yet to find a Cincinnati fan that likes their basketball coach.
I like Cronin a lot and think he's extremely underrated, I think he deserves a legit shot a bigger program.

Let's face it, he put together an excellent gameplay against us. Say what you want about him, but he changed up his tendencies and surprised us. How a zone could confuse us so much is beyond me, but whatevere. Bring on the ncaa's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom