Wow Glennon selected over Ryan. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow Glennon selected over Ryan.

I think they finally realized that he was just Ryan Nassib. I don't mean to be that harsh but everybody's been asking themselves: Did I see a future NFL starting quarterback these last three seasons? We didn't think so and the NFL scouts don't think so either. It was like an economic bubble: it collapsed when the actual decisions had to be made. I agree that his name would never have come up as a possible 1st rounder if Marrone had not become the Bills coach and the Bills needed a QB.

Ryan's problem now is that teams don't tend to waste draft picks on back-up quarterbacks and most teams either have a QB they will stick with or just drafted the guy they wanted.

I think they finally realized that he was just Ryan Nassib. I don't mean to be that harsh but everybody's been asking themselves: Did I see a future NFL starting quarterback these last three seasons? We didn't think so and the NFL scouts don't think so either. It was like an economic bubble: it collapsed when the actual decisions had to be made. I agree that his name would never have come up as a possible 1st rounder if Marrone had not become the Bills coach and the Bills needed a QB.

Ryan's problem now is that teams don't tend to waste draft picks on back-up quarterbacks and most teams either have a QB they will stick with or just drafted the guy they wanted.

Maybe - but I still think he was the best QB in the draft. I hope he proves me right (and in an Eagles uni, would be nice.)

We will see.

To that point, I gotta wonder if ESPN isn't working with Jaws and Gruden to "massage" their opinions about some of these players. I mean, Gruden made it sound like he would have taken Ryan #1 overall if he were still coaching.

The world knew this was a weak QB draft. But through the art of creative editing, they were able to hype the entire class into first round picks. Seeing Ryan and Barkley slide down to the 4th round doesn't do their credibility any favors.

Gruden also said that Nassib ran the option at Syracuse. :crazy:

Reminds me of Weeden.

You see Glennon? Weakkk makes middle school mistakes.
nowadays good NFL qbs are good in college.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well, Jon Grudan disagrees with you. So does Ron Jaws. But what do they know?
What i know is that Grudan and Jaws are no longer on the sideline and are on TV. The guys who have their heads on the line the guys who decide who to draft have spoken and they seem to be more in line with my opinion of Ryan than Grudans or Jaws. In addition the two coaches who know Ryan better than anyone in this draft and whom many of you thought were great coaches also passed on him.

GMs are crazy. how can anyone prefer Glennom to barkley

Please be advised that Russell Wilson was the quarterback at North Carolina St. before going to Wisconsin where he became the Big 10 player of the year. The N.C. St. coach allowed Wilson to transfer to "Whiskey" because Glennon was going to transfer if Wilson started another year. The coach thought it was prudent to get two years of glennon rather than only one year of Wilson. It worked well for both Players!

Please be advised that Russell Wilson was the quarterback at North Carolina St. before going to Wisconsin where he became the Big 10 player of the year. The N.C. St. coach allowed Wilson to transfer to "Whiskey" because Glennon was going to transfer if Wilson started another year. The coach thought it was prudent to get two years of glennon rather than only one year of Wilson. It worked well for both Players!
the only thing Glennon has going for him is that tob is a complete idiot that holds everyone back

Spot on. Ryan was a product of the system he is not a good QB second string possible NFL starting QB i just dont see it. Ryan is a good leader and smart which should make for a good run in the league but he will never carry a team
A product of the system?

Good thing the system was a a pro style offense with less than pro style receivers with exception to maybe Lemon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom