Wow PSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow PSU

Haven't found anything either. Penn State, Temple and Pitt would each get sharp cuts. Have yet to see funding tied in with transparency...

Absolutely...it's material to the discovery process...interrogatories/bill of particulars, etc.

So why would they "give up" state funding? Makes zero sense to me.

Still nothing cited ... I see nothing doing a quick search of the web. Pics or lies!

They were given 2 choices. Release their 1998 130 page police report on Sandusky or don't receive state funding anymore. They chose not to receive funding any longer.

That says a lot.

Sent from my DROIDX
That says weae so screwed already that releasing thay info and not doing anything means gigantic$ down the line in legal action. At least thats what I'm presuming unless there is another reason for concern that escapes me at this time. Anxious to read what that is from anyone.:oops:

Maybe it makes out that Paterno was even more incompetent than first thought by the trustees. Its gotta be big for them to give up state funding. Does this imply a school name change?

1998, huh. Man, how the years have rolled by. Rah, Rah, sis-cume-bah.

Do you have a citation? Where is this reported? Very interesting indeed.

Sorry, made the original post on my phone and don't do links well.

Here is where I saw it though this afternoon.

SPORTSbyBROOKS @SPORTSbyBROOKS
Penn State chooses to lose state funding in order to prevent release of '98 130-page Sandusky PSU police report. The coverup continues.

Maybe it makes out that Paterno was even more incompetent than first thought by the trustees. Its gotta be big for them to give up state funding. Does this imply a school name change?
Yeah, State Pen U

It's a bit perplexing. Obviously, playing some hard ball politics here...

I think the whole debacle is incredibly sad and I'll make fun of the hillbillies, guidos and anyone from boston but this is just a whole other level and to be honest I hope SU never gets anything close to this level of horror and secrets.

I'd surmise that they concluded that (i) the hit the University would take in alumni giving plus (ii)the damage multiplier to existing and future civil suits against the University that the release of the report would provide, far exceeded the significantly reduced funding from PA that they expected to receive over the next few years.

I'd surmise that they concluded that (i) the hit the University would take in alumni giving plus (ii)the damage multiplier to existing and future civil suits against the University that the release of the report would provide, far exceeded the significantly reduced funding from PA that they expected to receive over the next few years.

I don't know...just do not see anyway that this report doesn't get flushed out during discovery and the litigation process. Punitive damages will be pursued here besides compensatory...the report's contents will be known eventually.

I don't know...just do not see anyway that this report doesn't get flushed out during discovery and the litigation process. Punitive damages will be pursued here besides compensatory...the report's contents will be known eventually.

That is exactly why this makes zero sense to me. How won't it be made public? They've turned down alot (even the reduced amount is huge) in exchange for ......?

Don't disagree but if produced, it will likely be pursuant to a protective order as opposed to being made public, with access limited to the parties respective outside counsel. Huge difference, especially with regards to alumni giving and the court of public opinion. PSU will also likely take the position that it is a privileged communication and resist production (even under a protective order) on that basis.

Don't disagree but if produced, it will likely be pursuant to a protective order as opposed to being made public, with access limited to the parties respective outside counsel. Huge difference, especially with regards to alumni giving and the court of public opinion. PSU will also likely take the position that it is a privileged communication and resist production (even under a protective order) on that basis.

Do not see where a judge would grant such motion protection...not with the scope, interest and impact of all its community members...

does not make sense...document in court case with be gotten by DA...so something is wrong with story

Do not see where a judge would grant such motion protection...not with the scope, interest and impact of all its community members...
Who did the report and is there any chance it could disappear before it is supposed to be used in litigation? Documents have disappeared before....just sayin..

Who did the report and is there any chance it could disappear before it is supposed to be used in litigation? Documents have disappeared before....just sayin..

PSU is a community unto itself and they have their own police and fire department. The report was done by their own police department.

PSU is a community unto itself and they have their own police and fire department. The report was done by their own police department.

So how many times do you think it's been tampered with? What a joke. That place is hell on earth.