wow SC TOP 10 play with that block | Syracusefan.com

wow SC TOP 10 play with that block

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
It was a nice block but let's not get carried away with the highlight reel hyperbole. If it was a great block he would have kept it in bounds and in the hands of a teammate.

It was a nice block but let's not get carried away with the highlight reel hyperbole. If it was a great block he would have kept it in bounds and in the hands of a teammate.
I don't think I've ever seen one of those on SC.

I don't think I've ever seen one of those on SC.
It's a much better basketball play, either way.

And you see blocks like the one Jerami had in just about every game. It was a fine block, but again, let's not get carried away with the Top 10 stuff. No chance in hell it makes the SportsCenter Top 10.

Game was over at that point, that put an exclamation point on the win. If it was a close game then you keep it in bounds, but in that situation u send that stuff to the 20th row!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Actually I will say I could see one scenario in which that block makes the Top 10: if it had been Jerian attempting the shot. I could see ESPN being cute and sneaking it in then.

That's as close to a kick to the groin as one can give via the internet.
When I was a kid I read a book about Bill Russell and sure enough they talked about how he learned to keep the ball in play when blocking shots. It's something I've always looked for but in Jeremi's case, it didn't affect the outcome or flow of the game so great for him.

I couldn't find it on Youtube yet, but here is one from young Jerami in high school with similar results

He got called for a foul the time before when he had blocked Cooley with the ball still in his hand so he waited for the release and said See Ya :D

Scott Shafer needs to have a word with you.

Scott Shafer would have blocked the ball back down through Cooley's chest.

Scott Shafer also doesn't allow people to be realists. He knows everything is focking awesome.

Scott Shafer also doesn't allow people to be realists. He knows everything is focking awesome.
Scott Shafer throws recruiting ranking systems out the ing window.

Scott Shafer throws recruiting ranking systems out the window.
And then he says, "Welcome to the party, pal!"

And then I want to go photoshop Shafer's head onto John McClane's body in that scene.

Was a great exclamation point to that fine win.

For an awesome block: screw hitting into a teammate he should have spiked it and caved in Cooley's chest.

There were three teammates around him he could have tipped the ball to. He might have actually intercepted it himself. It might not have made Sports Center but it's a better play.

There were three teammates around him he could have tipped the ball to. He might have actually intercepted it himself. It might not have made Sports Center but it's a better play.

He even tossed in a classic Carlos Boozer style: "get out" while he blocked it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom