wow SC TOP 10 play with that block | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

wow SC TOP 10 play with that block

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
It was a nice block but let's not get carried away with the highlight reel hyperbole. If it was a great block he would have kept it in bounds and in the hands of a teammate.
A revenge swat for Jerami's block underneath that was called a foul.
But controlled blocks are rare.

The ultimate SU block (Hak's excluded):
'87 Regional Final in the Meadowlands.
DC blocks Kenny Smith's corner jumper...grabs the ball and before he hits the ground throws outlet to Sherm.
Down the other end...Seikaly slams.
That was an electrifying play.

Sure, tipping it to a teammate is a much better play but don't you think it's a little advanced to even mention with respect to a freshman in that situation? He's blocked like 10 shots in his college career and we're expecting him to do it like Bill Russell?

There were three teammates around him he could have tipped the ball to. He might have actually intercepted it himself. It might not have made Sports Center but it's a better play.

Not sure if serious...

So the kid makes a ridiculous block, but it he "could have" tipped the ball to a nearby teammate? You don't even see NBA guys doing that. When you get your shot blocked like that, it's make your balls shrivel up into your stomach. How dare him for swatting it 20 feet OOB...

You all are missing the biggest issue here!!

Which to vote for:

. or Poll Choice...?

It was a total retaliation play for getting whistled a few plays earlier for a clean block. Loved it.

It was a nice block but let's not get carried away with the highlight reel hyperbole. If it was a great block he would have kept it in bounds and in the hands of a teammate.

I guess I wasn't carried away. #3 on Top 10 plays on SC.

For those who missed it (assist to OE):

Just look at the look of dejection on Cooley's face after that one. I'll take punching the ball twenty rows deep over some sissy tip block to your teammate 100 times out of 100.

Best part of this is the dude in the orange shirt in the corner who does the low double fist pump.

Man, it must have been a bad night for highlights.

What makes it special is that it was a "premeditated" type block. Unlike blocks that are very "reactionary," you can see Grant has every intention of sending that ball into the crowd before Cooley ever leaves the ground.

lol who cares? block was worthy of top 10, regardless of the "bad night". we should be happy!
You aren't allowed to be happy over 1 play. It didn't even make the top 10. Oh wait.

There were three teammates around him he could have tipped the ball to. He might have actually intercepted it himself. It might not have made Sports Center but it's a better play.

Up 14 with 1:30 left, I say that the Karch Kiraly "get that mess out of here" spike is the better play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom