Wow! Tristan Thompson is switching hands!!! | Syracusefan.com

Wow! Tristan Thompson is switching hands!!!

Gabjon

All American
He is going from a left handed player to a righted handed player. This is the first NBA player to switch his shooting hand in NBA history. Please feel free to insert your own joke here...

Link

Odd I never considered myself that special... But apparently I am part of a "small sliver of multihanded people" I write/eat/drink/brush teeth lefty and I do everything athletic righty.

My dad is fully ambidextrous and used to play QB and pitch, which I'm sure was a bit annoying for other teams

I'm lefty and can do a few things right handed...but after 20 years of shooting lefty to switch to the right hand is crazy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I think Greg Harris was the major league reliever who had a glove that could fit either hand. He could throw both. They have a rule that you have to declare one or the other before you pitch in a specific game, though.

He is going from a left handed player to a righted handed player. This is the first NBA player to switch his shooting hand in NBA history. Please feel free to insert your own joke here...

(Sorry-Don't Know how to pastes video with either hand)

By the way since the Cav's drafted another PF number 1 overall. It will very interesting to see what happens with mister Thompson.

Link

I hope he doesn't switch hands with Keita.

I think Greg Harris was the major league reliever who had a glove that could fit either hand. He could throw both. They have a rule that you have to declare one or the other before you pitch in a specific game, though.

The Yankees had a minor leaguer do it in a spring training game a couple of years ago (2010).

The rule is you must declare prior to pitching to a batter, then you can't switch until the batter is retired, reaches bases or the inning ends.

MLB Rule 8.01 (f), regarding ambidextrous pitchers
A pitcher must indicate visually to the umpire-in-chief, the batter and any runners the hand with which he intends to pitch, which may be done by wearing his glove on the other hand while touching the pitcher's plate. The pitcher is not permitted to pitch with the other hand until the batter is retired, the batter becomes a runner, the inning ends, the batter is substituted for by a pinch-hitter or the pitcher incurs an injury. In the event a pitcher switches pitching hands during an at-bat because he has suffered an injury, the pitcher may not, for the remainder of the game, pitch with the hand from which he has switched. The pitcher shall not be given the opportunity to throw any preparatory pitches after switching pitching hands. Any change of pitching hands must be indicated clearly to the umpire-in-chief.

I feel like this is something Devo could have done relatively easily, to be honest.

I swear that I saw him shot a left handed baseline jumper from 10-12 feet in a game. It would have been in the 1st half, because it was the opposing team's end of the court. Anyone else recall that. In 1st halves, I was not usually drunk nor hallucinatory.

Odd I never considered myself that special... But apparently I am part of a "small sliver of multihanded people" I write/eat/drink/brush teeth lefty and I do everything athletic righty.
I'm the exact same way. Don't know many other people like us.

I'm the exact same way. Don't know many other people like us.

I always noticed nobody else in my school was the same way, but I guess it never occured to me as being something that out of the ordinary

Link
Maybe too much hair grew on the right hand. "made you look".:rolling:

"This is the first NBA player to switch his shooting hand in NBA history."

Maybe the second.

Dolph Schayes broke his right arm and played nearly a full season with his arm in a cast. That year he shot with his left hand along with his two-handed "rainbow" set shots.

I swear that I saw him shot a left handed baseline jumper from 10-12 feet in a game. It would have been in the 1st half, because it was the opposing team's end of the court. Anyone else recall that. In 1st halves, I was not usually drunk nor hallucinatory.
I remember one game, no clue who it was against, late in the shot clock foul line extended by the bench, he got around someone and knocked down like a 15 or 17 foot left handed jumper right as it expired, too.

"This is the first NBA player to switch his shooting hand in NBA history."

Maybe the second.

Dolph Schayes broke his right arm and played nearly a full season with his arm in a cast. That year he shot with his left hand along with his two-handed "rainbow" set shots.
George Miken did the same thing.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Thompson is playing for the Canadian national team right now and hit two clutch right handed free throws down the stretch tonight to beat scumbag by association Patrick Ewing Jr. And Jamaica.

Of note to SU fans, Andy is playing and had a fantastic fourth quarter.

Thompson is playing for the Canadian national team right now and hit two clutch right handed free throws down the stretch tonight to beat scumbag by association Patrick Ewing Jr. And Jamaica.

Of note to SU fans, Andy is playing and had a fantastic fourth quarter.

How did Kris Jo do?

I used to be able to switch hands and gain a stroke...LOL...I'm talking about Golf guys perverts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom