wow, we lost a game in november | Syracusefan.com

wow, we lost a game in november

I'm not freaking out, but I am toning down my expectations.

They have not proven that they are a bad / bubble level team or a very good / pod level team. It's too early to jump to any conclusions (good or bad).

Now I am in "wait and see" mode.

Last edited:
can you people proceed to freak out any worse? we have like 15 new players. just stop it.

Ha, youre post just made me realize I hadnt asked my annual question of when the first MELTDOWN would be! That's more terminology I learned here along with "clutch and grab" and many other classics available through this tv promotion that I kind of miss. So is this a true meltdown? Who is the arbiter of that?

I think it's the way we lost that has people a little shook. After so many years of terrible offense it looked we finally had a high powered scoring machine until it all came crashing down in our first real game.

you point out probably the one exception as if that's supposed to be reassuring?
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FBeaker.gif

you point out probably the one exception as if that's supposed to be reassuring?

Very similar circumstances. Both teams had tons of new players. You thin we are a finished product? I don't.

I think it's the way we lost that has people a little shook. After so many years of terrible offense it looked we finally had a high powered scoring machine until it all came crashing down in our first real game.

They looked like a high powered scoring machine because they were playing Colgate, Monmouth , and South Carolina State. If some people couldn't figure that into the equation , then they were setting themselves up for a let down.

This team is deep and talented, but has a lot of new peices that are still learning to work together. The same can be said for Duke, Indiana, Kansas, Wisconsin, and every other final four contender that's lost a game already. They sky is still up where it should be! We'll be fine...

They looked like a high powered scoring machine because they were playing Colgate, Monmouth , and South Carolina State.

Oddly enough, South Carolina needed basically a miracle finish to defeat Monmouth at home by a point.

The issue isnt the loss to the Gamecocks, teams have games like this, some games you just dont have it. The problem is this game exposed two long term issues that are likely to olague this team the next two years. PG and C play. Gillion and Howard were bad to awful while Chukwu looked like he had never played bball before and Coleman was on the bench more then the Gatorade jug. Next year were looking at Howard and Chukwu as the clear cut starters, (thanks Quade) that is down right terrifying

Last edited:
JB is usually Mr November even in down years, so when we lose this early it's a red flag.

True about November but we lost game #1 in 2002/03.

The issue isnt the loss to the Gamecocks, teams have games like this, some games you just dont have it. The problem is this game exposed two long term issues that are likely to olague this team the next two years. PG and C play. Gillion and Howard were bad to awful while Chukwu looked like he had never played bball before and Coleman was on the bench more then the Gatorade jug. Next year were staying at Gillon and Chukwu as the clear cut starters, that us down right terrifying

Gillon starting next year? What are you talking about?

Looks like we may have to play more smallball lineup with Lydon at the 5 again for any offense against actual competition...otherwise our offensive against above average defensive teams will be flaccid

The issue isnt the loss to the Gamecocks, teams have games like this, some games you just dont have it. The problem is this game exposed two long term issues that are likely to olague this team the next two years. PG and C play. Gillion and Howard were bad to awful while Chukwu looked like he had never played bball before and Coleman was on the bench more then the Gatorade jug. Next year were looking at Howard and Chukwu as the clear cut starters, (thanks Quade) that is down right terrifying
cool. let's freak out about the projected roster for NEXT year. i'll do you one better. let's freak out about who the head coach will be. if you want to lose sleep and start getting scared, start thinking about that one.

cool. let's freak out about the projected roster for NEXT year. i'll do you one better. let's freak out about who the head coach will be. if you want to lose sleep and start getting scared, start thinking about that one.

Right cause everyone is freeking out and in a panic. Lets all just bury our heads in the sand instead like Uconn fans.

JB is usually Mr November even in down years, so when we lose this early it's a red flag.
I don't have the stats handy, but I can't imagine JB has had more roster turnover ever in 1 year. We lost 2 5th YR guards, and a 1st round pick from a team that played 6.5 guys. We only returned 4 players, and added 3 transfers and 2 freshman. It is going to take a while.

Lemoyne

New York's college, my joke from earlier today. ;)

As for the 2003 argument, I'm not sure whom to agree with. Not just for the sake of not upsetting anyhow, but because I'm not sold enough on either argument to want to give sole endorsement to either of you.

I guess time will tell, try to be optimistic, and bite the bullet and make the long trip to meet Zippy in an actual non home game environment where there's a decent chance we will be taken to the woodshed(and the team will be too lol).

Boeheim look so composed today. It's almost like Howard was paid to do a Jardine and Boeheim had no surprise with the outcome just like Bernie Sanders had no shock and didnt fight against the outlandish injustice given to him. It looked like the money went on the Cuse, but not enough to throw the game, right?

Or...was it like they teach in different forms of therapy, just accepting what you know is coming and it will be less painful? Is the game against the Badgers going to be more of the same? Am I wrong for not necessarily wanted to drive 15 hours if JB is going to calmly take it again and supposedly use it to help the team grow? I'm just expressing my displeasure out loud, in case anyone could possibly empathize...but maybe I am overreating from not sleepng much lately.

I don't have the stats handy, but I can't imagine JB has had more roster turnover ever in 1 year. We lost 2 5th YR guards, and a 1st round pick from a team that played 6.5 guys. We only returned 4 players, and added 3 transfers and 2 freshman. It is going to take a while.

Don't worry, we'll be loaded next year. JK, I mean I'll need to be loaded to endure it. JK again, who knows, that's what makes sports and life in general fun...when we get the good surprises.

Please this is a top 5 team come march and i will put my money where my mouth is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom