Wow, we're gonna win tomorrow | Syracusefan.com

Wow, we're gonna win tomorrow

690West

Moneyline Master
Re-watching USC now (wife isn't happy). In our first drive Nassib checked down to his THIRD option twice. Thats comfort. That's poise. And, yes, that's talent. We're not losing to phlucking Toledo tomorrow. Not happening.

Re-watching USC now (wife isn't happy). In our first drive Nassib checked down to his THIRD option twice. Thats comfort. That's poise. And, yes, that's talent. We're not losing to phlucking Toledo tomorrow. Not happening.
I said it before and I'll say it again, the USC fans in my section (basically the whole section) had a lot of praise for Nassib during that game.

****!! Now we're on defense. Sigh...

Defense wasn't even that bad honestly. Take away the 15 yard penalty from Sharpe and they're punting -7, and take away the reception the refs gifted USC in the 3rd quarter and it's 4th and 4 and they're punting -7 again. Take away the Nassib fumble inside their 20 and likely +7.

The more I look back at that game the more I see how we p*ssed away alot of opportunies (some ref assisted). A handful of plays shaped that entire game honestly.

Hopefully the players are as salty about that game as I am becoming and come out with a fire lit under them from the start.

I know the score sucked but I really thought we played a good game. We were burned on two pass plays badly and had a couple of questionable calls (esp. the pass interference). I didn't get discouraged until the fourth quarter.
I think Toledo is going to be a bit surprised tomorrow.

I said it before and I'll say it again, the USC fans in my section (basically the whole section) had a lot of praise for Nassib during that game.
Yep. Perusing the USC message boards following the game, the consensus seemed to be that they all felt Nassib was the best QB they have faced this year by a pretty wide margin.

Granted, it's a small sample size, but they seemed genuinely impressed.

I agree with HCDM in not believing in moral victories, but as a fan, I BELIEVE!!

I thought Ryan did a great job. He is getting better every game it seems. Kinda cool to get praise on our QB once again from opponents fans.

Here's my guess, Marrone saw that game as a scrimmage. A boondoggle of the first order. They played hard, but it got in the way of the real agenda. Puts this game at more risk than it should be. All that being said, there were some nice take aways there.

IB's concerns for tomorrow are valid, but I believe overstated. If Lyn, Shamarko, Anderson, and Phil are limited/unable to go, that would be huge against anybody, but short of that, I think there's enough on both sides to get it done.

SU has lost to MAC teams twice in 20 games in the last 30 years, and the guy that done the losin' ain't here no mo'.

I agree, 690. Toledo is going to wish they never made the trek up to the Dome. All this sky is falling BS is exactly that, BS. If SU takes care of the ball, and limits penalties, we win this by 3 TDs.

But, but, but... No way... Nassib, an SU quarterback good? Nah-uh, no way... Whaaa-Whaaa-troolll :)

Just beating our Angry Su Fans to it.

Don't be surprised to see Nassib throw for over 400 yards tomorrow. Against Boise last week there were open receivers all over the field. Our passig game is perfect against their defense. Hopefully, 400+ yards will be enough to win the game.

Still think the distraction of the ACC stuff and the fact it's a noon game will hurt us. But I think we pull out a squeaker.

Cheers,
Neil

Is it just me??? We are 2-1 and the loss was to USC!!! The sky is not falling and we are Playing Toledo! Yes Teledo is a good football team and so are we!!! Toledo is not close to being USC and we played them good!! I'm not worried about tomorrow! We play to win and in HCDM we will!!!

He is doing well. I remember the last time we played Wake Forest in Winston Salem. I was there. I believe it might have been 2005 or 2006. ANYWAY Perry Patterson looked horrible. Whether he was or not, he had completely no blocking at all. He was basically running for his life. I could not believe how far Syracuse Football had fallin. If you told me back then that this year we would still be in the game against USC at the half, I would have called you crazy. We have come a long way no matter what anybody thinks. We will beat Toledo tomorrow. Go Cuse

Defense wasn't even that bad honestly. Take away the 15 yard penalty from Sharpe and they're punting -7, and take away the reception the refs gifted USC in the 3rd quarter and it's 4th and 4 and they're punting -7 again. Take away the Nassib fumble inside their 20 and likely +7.

The more I look back at that game the more I see how we p*ssed away alot of opportunies (some ref assisted). A handful of plays shaped that entire game honestly.

Hopefully the players are as salty about that game as I am becoming and come out with a fire lit under them from the start.

The 'late hit' on Sharpe and the 'pass interference' on Scott were bs calls. Both kept drives going. I was at the game and none of the Trojan fans around me could believe they were called.

I do see some real signs of progress with Nassib at QB. We've seen 3 or 4 solid drives per game; we need to see 3 or 4 in a row. Clearly this is a game where each offense will need to score as often as possible in order to keep up with the other as both defensive units have question marks. I do like the big play capabilities of our defense and hope we can get some pressure on the QB. People want to bash our DBs but the lack of pressure is what is really lacking in our pass defense.

Whatever it is, take the over.

The 'late hit' on Sharpe and the 'pass interference' on Scott were bs calls. Both kept drives going. I was at the game and none of the Trojan fans around me could believe they were called.

The late hit looked close on TV but if it was USC hitting our guy I'd have been calling for the flag. The pass interferences however... not even close.