Wow wow wow awesome | Syracusefan.com

Wow wow wow awesome

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Never expected it in a million years.

Outside of Indiana though ya had to love our draw to get there.

Very proud of the way this team has come together and playing with guts now and giving it there all on the defensive a end. This team is winning with defense and effort.

It was a great draw, and it was nice to get Marquette as well.

It was a great draw, and it was nice to get Marquette as well.
It turned out great, but when I initially saw the #1 and #2 seeds ahead of us, I wasn't feeling so great.

Indiana was a better draw than most people thought. Any time you can face a team where you feel you have a decided mismatch as a position is a good draw. We took advantage.

It was such a great draw everyone was picking us, right? Of course not. Miami should have been a #1. Indiana was the #1 team in the country all year. Marq already had beat us. we had to play right next to cal's campus. It's easy when it's over to say what a favorable draw it was. I don't remember anyone saying that 2 weeks ago.

There were a few saying that the first 2 rounds looked favorable, even if they were in California.

Indiana, not so much.

Indiana was a better draw than most people thought. Any time you can face a team where you feel you have a decided mismatch as a position is a good draw. We took advantage.

Before the game was played, Indiana entered the game averaging 80/game, was shooting nearly 50% from the field, and had 2 probable lottery picks. That was not a good draw for SU, and NOBODY would have signed up for that match up before the tournament started.

SU took advantage of the positional mismatch to score 61 points. But, they held Indiana to 30 points below their season average. If anybody predicted that based on match ups...

It was such a great draw everyone was picking us, right? Of course not. Miami should have been a #1. Indiana was the #1 team in the country all year. Marq already had beat us. we had to play right next to cal's campus. It's easy when it's over to say what a favorable draw it was. I don't remember anyone saying that 2 weeks ago.

Who besides Indiana made you nervous? Ill admit i was worried anout either temple or nc state and then i thought indiana would run us off the court. after that though there wasnt one team on the other side that i thought oh sheet. And us getting to 16 was as near a lock as you will ever see.

I wanted Miami over Marquette but neither team is/was hands down better than us. Geez we lost to Marquette on the road in a squeaker and we were missing southy.

Playing Montana+Cal in Rounds 1/2 can be considered a great draw.

Indiana was not a great draw. Sure we matched up well against them, but it still wasn't a great draw.

Marquette was a decent draw for the Elite 8. Only reason why I don't put this under the "great draw" category is because of the fact that they're in the BE and know the zone.

Yeah I had no idea how good a draw Indiana was...until about 2 minutes into that game.

Never expected it in a million years.

Outside of Indiana though ya had to love our draw to get there.

Very proud of the way this team has come together and playing with guts now and giving it there all on the defensive a end. This team is winning with defense and effort.

I'm with you. Didn't expect this. I've been saying all year that we've had more talent than the other guys, but i didn't imagine we'd put it together and go on this particular run. We did have an easy draw, but the defense has been transformed. A couple of weeks ago, the defense just wasn't a weapon. Now, it certainly is.

It will be very interesting to see, next year, how many other teams adopt the zone. As much as i dislike it, some coaches out there have to be inspired to work on it a bit more.

Indiana was not a great draw.

They only have two players. And, one of them — Oladipo — is no different than Peyton Siva, who we own.

I wanted Miami over Marquette but neither team is/was hands down better than us. Geez we lost to Marquette on the road in a squeaker and we were missing southy.
James played in the first Marquette game. He had 15 in that one.

Syracuse was by far the best team in that region. Not only did we win every game but won comfortably. We still had to beat a #1 and #3 seed to advance and beat a team with home field advantage. It was a hard draw and Syracuse 100 percent earned that final four berth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom