wow | Syracusefan.com

wow

Thank you Wake Forest...

Someone explain the tie breaker to me since we split with Duke? Aren't we guaranteed 2 or 3?

Thank you Wake Forest...

Someone explain the tie breaker to me since we split with Duke? Aren't we guaranteed 2 or 3?
Duke holds the win over Virginia, so unless we're in a three way tie with Duke and UNC, we lose it.

Obviously losing at Wake is much more honorable than losing at home vs. BC or GT, but for some reason I feel a little less horrible about last night now. Not really sure why.

Winner of the rubber match in the ACCT semi's finishes ahead of the other. That was true before tonight & still is so I don't see how this game changes anything.

It is nice to see someone else lose to a crappy team though.

Obviously losing at Wake is much more honorable than losing at home vs. BC or GT, but for some reason I feel a little less horrible about last night now. Not really sure why.
Misery loves company

FairfaxOrange said:
Thank you Wake Forest... Someone explain the tie breaker to me since we split with Duke? Aren't we guaranteed 2 or 3?

We win 2 seed
Duke beats unc 2 seed
We lose and unc wins 3 sees

We win 2 seed
Duke beats unc 2 seed
We lose and unc wins 3 sees
so in that case, if Duke wins and we lose to FSU, there would be a 3-way tie - how do we get that tiebreaker??

so in that case, if Duke wins and we lose to FSU, there would be a 3-way tie - how do we get that tiebreaker??

The Orange has clinched a double-bye into the quarterfinals
  • The Orange will be the No. 2 seed with a win AND a Duke loss
  • The Orange will be the No. 2 seed with a loss AND a Duke loss to Wake Forest AND a North Carolina loss to Duke
  • The Orange will be the No. 3 seed with two Duke wins
  • The Orange will be the No. 3 seed with a loss AND two Duke losses
  • The Orange will be the No. 4 seed with a loss AND a Duke win over Wake Forest AND a North Carolina win over Duke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom