Class of 2018 - WR Anthony Queeley (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Anthony Queeley (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Was first team all state wide receiver last year as a junior (along with McKenzie Pierre)

RB — Markenzy Pierre 5-11 212 Sr. Kissimmee Liberty

RB — Mike Epstein 6-0 180 Sr. Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas

WR — Anthony Queeley 6-2 190 Jr. Orlando Lake Nona

Class 7A includes Tampa Plant and Saint Thomas Aquinas. You get the idea

Class 7A All-State Football: Lee puts two on first team

He IS a good kid. His Mom is great, too! Same goes for the Levi Family. What you guys don't know, is the Cuse staff are Exceptionally good at recruiting. Better than the 30+ we've spoken with.. They are good people, too, and the kids WANT to play for them. Anthony is a high character kid, and character is what wins at football. He won't disappoint. Coach Baber's staff is enticing for a recruit. They are going to surprise you...

Last edited:
He IS a good kid. His Mom is great, too! Same goes for the Levi Family. What you guys don't know, is the Cuse staff are Exceptionally good at recruiting. Better than the 30+ we've spoken with.. They are good people, too, and the kids WANT to play for them. Anthony is a high character kid, and character is what wins at football. He won't disappoint. Coach Baber's staff is enticing for a recruit. They are going to surprise you...
Hi RandomGuy, welcome to the Cuse family and these message boards.

I love hearing how good at recruiting Dino and his staff are. I'm not at all surprised, but it's great to hear.

Sounds like you are pretty close to, or part of, the Queeley family. Perhaps this was an extra special Father's Day for you ! ; )

Well, I expect them to be awesome, so I actually hope they don't surprise me. ;)

This was so beautiful to read, even the 20th time.

Toast.
th

i've reached my monthly allotment and can't read the article now ugh
Anthony Queeley had a feeling he might be committing to Syracuse prior to taking a visit to the Central New York school this weekend.

Once the Orlando Lake Nona receiver got on campus, he knew where he wanted to be and he made his decision that Syracuse is where he will play college football. Queeley picked the Orange over 14 other Football Bowl Subdivision scholarship offers, including hometown UCF, Duke, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest.

“It was mainly opportunity,” Queeley said of what Syracuse had to offer. “Starting with academics and athletics I feel like Syracuse can provide the best of both worlds for me and I felt like it was the best fit for me.”

The Syracuse offense was also quite intriguing and hard for Queeley to pass up given its wide-open flare, which is just like the passing attack at Lake Nona under head coach Anthony Paradiso.

“They had a couple of receivers [Amba Etta-Tawo and Ervin Phillips) have almost 100 catches [last year] and the type of offense they run is kind of similar to what we run,” Queeley said. “It’s a fast-paced offense, no-huddle, hard-working … best fit for me.”

Queeley, 6-foot-2, 200 pounds, was the top receiver in Central Florida last season, catching 76 balls for 1,063 yards and seven touchdowns. In his Lake Nona career, Queeley has 118 catches for 1,500 yards and 11 TDs.

He was recruited to Syracuse by co-offensive coordinator Sean Lewis.

“He came down in the spring and ever since I first met him I felt like I had know the man for a long time,” Queeley said. “His personality just sparked everything and since then we kept in contact and he wanted me to get up there.

“I went up there and everything worked out fine.”

Another big positive for Syracuse was incoming freshman Markenzie Pierre, the running back who signed with Syracuse in February after a prolific career at Kissimmee Liberty High. Pierre is good friends with Queeley.

“That’s my boy. We went against each other a couple of times in high school … He’s a really good guy,” Queeley said. “I saw him [Saturday] and we hung out at his apartment a little bit and he showed me the ropes. We went to the mall and hung out.

“You got a person who comes from a similar place to where I’m from and him talking about the school and talking about his experience, that just kind of eased my decision, eased my mind a little bit.”
Queeley was impressed with not just the campus, but everything about Syracuse.

“It was beautiful. There are genuine people there, people who care about other people, not just themselves,” Queeley said. “Of course there will be a little bit of harsh weather, but I can deal with that if I’m going to school for free.”

He won’t have to play home games outdoor, at least, with the Carrier Dome offering protection from the winter extremes. Queeley was impressed by the pressurized dome, which has two entrances to go through due to the building’s air pressure.

“It was pretty cool. Going in, they raised the gates for us so it was a kind of a game-like atmosphere with us walking in,” Queeley said. “It was beautiful and a constant 70 degrees, so it was nice.

“The weather, it will be different for me, since I’m a Florida boy and I haven’t seen snow yet, so I’m looking forward to that.”

Thank you for the insight. You seem well connected, may i ask from what perspective? SU athletics or the recruit? Thanks again, i love the vibe Dino and company exude!

After watching his Hudl film I've got two words. Ball Hawk. I realize it is a highlight video, but still.

Anthony Queeley had a feeling he might be committing to Syracuse prior to taking a visit to the Central New York school this weekend.

Once the Orlando Lake Nona receiver got on campus, he knew where he wanted to be and he made his decision that Syracuse is where he will play college football. Queeley picked the Orange over 14 other Football Bowl Subdivision scholarship offers, including hometown UCF, Duke, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest.

“It was mainly opportunity,” Queeley said of what Syracuse had to offer. “Starting with academics and athletics I feel like Syracuse can provide the best of both worlds for me and I felt like it was the best fit for me.”

The Syracuse offense was also quite intriguing and hard for Queeley to pass up given its wide-open flare, which is just like the passing attack at Lake Nona under head coach Anthony Paradiso.

“They had a couple of receivers [Amba Etta-Tawo and Ervin Phillips) have almost 100 catches [last year] and the type of offense they run is kind of similar to what we run,” Queeley said. “It’s a fast-paced offense, no-huddle, hard-working … best fit for me.”

Queeley, 6-foot-2, 200 pounds, was the top receiver in Central Florida last season, catching 76 balls for 1,063 yards and seven touchdowns. In his Lake Nona career, Queeley has 118 catches for 1,500 yards and 11 TDs.

He was recruited to Syracuse by co-offensive coordinator Sean Lewis.

“He came down in the spring and ever since I first met him I felt like I had know the man for a long time,” Queeley said. “His personality just sparked everything and since then we kept in contact and he wanted me to get up there.

“I went up there and everything worked out fine.”

Another big positive for Syracuse was incoming freshman Markenzie Pierre, the running back who signed with Syracuse in February after a prolific career at Kissimmee Liberty High. Pierre is good friends with Queeley.

“That’s my boy. We went against each other a couple of times in high school … He’s a really good guy,” Queeley said. “I saw him [Saturday] and we hung out at his apartment a little bit and he showed me the ropes. We went to the mall and hung out.

“You got a person who comes from a similar place to where I’m from and him talking about the school and talking about his experience, that just kind of eased my decision, eased my mind a little bit.”
Queeley was impressed with not just the campus, but everything about Syracuse.

“It was beautiful. There are genuine people there, people who care about other people, not just themselves,” Queeley said. “Of course there will be a little bit of harsh weather, but I can deal with that if I’m going to school for free.”

He won’t have to play home games outdoor, at least, with the Carrier Dome offering protection from the winter extremes. Queeley was impressed by the pressurized dome, which has two entrances to go through due to the building’s air pressure.

“It was pretty cool. Going in, they raised the gates for us so it was a kind of a game-like atmosphere with us walking in,” Queeley said. “It was beautiful and a constant 70 degrees, so it was nice.

“The weather, it will be different for me, since I’m a Florida boy and I haven’t seen snow yet, so I’m looking forward to that.”
I saw all these guys at the mall, 6 or 7 in total. Tommy D and Devin Butler were there too.

Looked like they were enjoying themselves.

This kid can ball. Dungey ranked 33rd FBS, and Tommy D, as high as 8th in class... Gueesing he knows that. ;-) I've watched that double move burn, too many times...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom