Class of 2020 - WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech

If he's as good as people think he is, competition shouldn't scare him. Cisco played from day 1 because he impressed.
I don't know where that excuse comes from. Good players go to good teams with quality good players all the time.

Here is the challenge. We are deep at WR. GT is extremely thin.

I don't necessarily agree with this. We may have a lot of players at the position but there is a lot of unproven talent still. We also only took one WR last year, so there's plenty of room at the inn, especially with the way we play.

Harris & N. Johnson are the only guys who have done anything that are projected to be on the roster come 2020. T. Jackson flashed in the bowl but has only played one game for us...

Still have hope for a lot of those younger guys and I would think a couple will develop.

You recruit for the future not just the following yr. All our Jrs and Wrs will graduate one day and then Gowdy will play. That's how recruiting works. We have to recruit all positions for the future to remain good.
Well, we are recruiting him. The difficulty is that guys want the fastest path to playing time in a good offense. I don't know how many WRs GT has, but I know we have a fair share.

Well, we are recruiting him. The difficulty is that guys want the fastest path to playing time in a good offense. I don't know how many WRs GT has, but I know we have a fair share.
For what rosters are currently posted, they have 16, we have 13...

Sooooo...

You recruit for the future not just the following yr. All our Jrs and Wrs will graduate one day and then Gowdy will play. That's how recruiting works. We have to recruit all positions for the future to remain good.
Exactly

We do not have so much talent on the team in the next few yrs to scare anyone. In fact most players just want to go to top offenses. There are 3-4 WR on the field per snap with rotation, injuries, and redshirt rule teams play 10+ WR with no problems. I just don't know why our fans go through mental yoga to rationalize why we should lose top recruits. Just sign them. We've earned the right just like any other top team.

We do not have so much talent on the team in the next few yrs to scare anyone. In fact most players just want to go to top offenses. There are 3-4 WR on the field per snap with rotation, injuries, and redshirt rule teams play 10+ WR with no problems. I just don't know why our fans go through mental yoga to rationalize why we should lose top recruits. Just sign them. We've earned the right just like any other top team.
No we really haven't, one ten win season doesn't do that or having a good offense.
The OP was making the point that a kid might see an easier path to getting to the field with less WR on the rooster in GT.
You've taken a completely different direction.

No we really haven't, one ten win season doesn't do that or having a good offense.
The OP was making the point that a kid might see an easier path to getting to the field with less WR on the rooster in GT.
Kentucky, Arkansas, NC State, Miss St, South Carolina, Missouri, Oklahoma St., Northwestern, Ole Miss, Indiana, Louisville, Purdue, Ga Tech, BC, TCU, Iowa, Pitt, Minn., Ga Tech, Arizona St, Illinois, Colorado, have all gotten at least one verbal from a 4 star, about half these teams have gotten more than 1 verbal but SU doesn't deserve any?

Kentucky, Arkansas, NC State, Miss St, South Carolina, Missouri, Oklahoma St., Northwestern, Ole Miss, Indiana, Louisville, Purdue, Ga Tech, BC, TCU, Iowa, Pitt, Minn., Ga Tech, Arizona St, Illinois, Colorado, have all gotten at least one verbal from a 4 star, about half these teams have gotten more than 1 verbal but SU doesn't deserve any?
I don't believe any school that's played as poorly as ours has for as long as it has "deserves" anything.

I don't believe any school that's played as poorly as ours has for as long as it has "deserves" anything.
Perhaps. To the extent that the term is even meaningful in this context, though, I think Dino Babers does.

Perhaps. To the extent that the term is even meaningful in this context, though, I think Dino Babers does.
Babers has put in the hard work and effort, his record shows he is a winner and can produce NFL talent. Still a hard sell for kids to come north to Cuse but if anyone "deserves" 4 star recruits it's Dino.

less WR on the rooster in GT.
I think this takes it an different direction. It's already been stated that GT has more WR on the roster (13 to 16 I believe) and they DEFINITELY have more WR on the rooster.

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.

I’m planting my flag. If I had a crystal ball, I’m picking Syracuse.
I’ll die on the hill your flag stands atop
giphy (2).gif

Cisco might not be the best example as Safety might have been our thinnest position at the start of last year.
I think with any FR WR coming into this group they would have to be lights out amazing to crack the starting line up and it would be hard to even crack the two deep at this point.
Going to a school like GT where they are just learning about the forward pass could be very appealing to gets that want to start right away.

And Atlanta is a great city.

I think this takes it an different direction. It's already been stated that GT has more WR on the roster (13 to 16 I believe) and they DEFINITELY have more WR on the rooster.

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.
Love that song, miss Layne :(

Per Football they have 12 WR with one of those listed as WR/DB
We have 14 WR listed on the schools site
GT brought in 5 freshman WR so I'm sure they are pushing hard for kids like Gowdy
I hope he comes to CUSE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom